Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0212.JPG
I've had this BCM barrel sitting around for a while. Had it in an Aero upper but their tolerances weren't very tight. Barrel slid in with no resistance. I shot it a few times and it was all over the place for accuracy. BCM had a sale on their demo/blem uppers last week so I scooped one up. Friend of a friend recommended Stinger Supreme for a Handguard. Small family owned company out of Texas. Rail showed up today and for the price it's pretty nice. Anodizing is consistent and the intergrated rails are nice. 3 QD ports built right in and the Keymod slots are machined correctly. Seems solidly built. I'll update after shooting it.

BCM upper
BCM 16" Cold hammer forged barrel
STNGR Supreme 12" Anvil Handguard
Strike Industries Charging handle
Strike Industries enhanced dust cover
Geiselle low profile gas block
Magpul MBUS sights
PSA BCG

Reactions: Cuda66

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All done. Took me a few hours to get the barrel in. When Bravo Company says they machine their uppers to be "snug" they're not lying. Ended up lapping it. Rail had a little play in it when I first got it on. Added one of the shims and its tight as can be for now. The integrated rails are really nice and machined well. QD slots accepted my BCM, Troy and VLTOR swivels. I'll be interested to see what kind of accuracy the barrel and upper are capable of. I'm happy with the results so far.
IMG_0214.JPG
IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0216.JPG

·
Registered
18,773 Posts
That's very cool, hope it fires as good as it looks.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the same one. I just did the upper and that was the most accessible lower I had in my workshop. Midlength

Reactions: DevJames

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blood from the dogs tail. When he sits in the shop with me the noise my case tumbler makes freaks him out. He'll sit there and gnaw on his tail.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What are you going to do with the old upper?

Careful epoxy use, or even loctite can eliminate the loose fit without making the barrel installation overly permanent with the right technique.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An Aero barrel may fit it better. It just didn't happen to like either BCM barrel I have. Someday I may put something else on it.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah as long as you stay legal. I'm not much for a pistol length AR though.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My next project is an SBR that I recently got the stamp back for. I like being able to shoulder stuff when possible.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
5.56. I did a can a month prior to submitting the form on the lower. If I could do it over I'd probably go with 300blk.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do have a 458 SOCOM upper to scratch my goofball cartridge itch.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts