Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently was cleaning my XD 45 after a range session, talking to my son and his GF who were over at the time, and in my distraction put the slide back on without the barrel or guide rod/spring installed. Now I cannot get the slide back off!

Any ideas? I know this was a total DS move.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think I did that once trying to see "what would happen"

I remember popping the slide release up and pushing upward on the slide and pulling the slide back at the same time... It I'll feel like you are forcing it a bit... but it'll release it...

I don't have my XD with me at the moment or else I'd try this to confirm it...:rolleyes:

Can someone else confirm this?:mrgreen:

·
Registered
40 Posts
try this....

First, try to get the slide back in some semblance of battery, then pull the trigger...if memory serves correctly is should then slide off.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
537 Posts
AHHHH!!!!
BINGO!

That's what I was missing! PULLING the trigger! I remember doing this to my XD-40 Service.

good luck...

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Welcome to the forum Max.
Now let me beat up on you some. The boy's girlfriend is attractive, isn't she. You're a dirty ol' man!:oops: ladromar gave you the response that I needed after a similar incident. I say, "Keep those young pretty, flirty things away when I'm handling guns." That's the biggest drawback to playing with guns!:razz:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
you can use a flat head screwdriver and go in through the small flat opening below the strikerstatus hole, and lower the sear and slide the slide off...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I did that once trying to see "what would happen"

I remember popping the slide release up and pushing upward on the slide and pulling the slide back at the same time... It I'll feel like you are forcing it a bit... but it'll release it...

I don't have my XD with me at the moment or else I'd try this to confirm it...:rolleyes:

Can someone else confirm this?:mrgreen:
Tried this on my XD mod 2 9mm, I did the what if too, now my slide is stuck and won't come off, help!

·
Registered
348 Posts
try this....

First, try to get the slide back in some semblance of battery, then pull the trigger...if memory serves correctly is should then slide off.

hope this helps!
Just called Springfield and the tech I spoke with said this is the procedure, i.e., move the slide into battery, squeeze the grip safety and then the trigger, and it *should* slide off. Will try it tonight.

If I succeed, this will be filed under "Mistakes made once!"

Reactions: Jonnyuma
1 - 14 of 14 Posts