Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought my first hi-cap for my XD-40 (I am a student and could afford it until now) As I make the transition to using Hi-caps I wonder if I should even keep the 10 rounders.
I don't want to get used to 12 and then get into a hairy situation only to be unpleasently surprised by running out of bullets.
If I were to sell what would be a fair price for used low cap mags?

·
Registered
52 Posts
if you ever get into competition, IDPA, USPSA (you should, it is way too much fun), you'll only be able to load 10 rounds, hang on to them.....

·
Registered
285 Posts
What Clee said. You'll wish you had them if you compete. They're also good for pracitce. Considering the new ones go for a little over $20 each, you'll be lucky to sell them for $15-$18 apiece.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Keep them. They are nice to have at the range. You can load a bunch at once, then shoot a bunch at once. Better than shooting, reloading, shooting, reloading, etc.

Or you can send them to me, lol

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I'll give you 10 bucks a mag + $5 shipping overall

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Keep them .. never know when the supply might run out(hi caps banned) or we have a huge biological disaster etc. and the will be the only mags that you have.... better to have several 10 rounders then none at all

Plus if you ever decide to compete all you can use is most cases are 10 rounders.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
havin a ton of ammo on ya at one time is just that many to keep track of when shootin....i tend to try to keep track of how many rounds fired
"ok two to the chest, one to the head....that leaves me with....."
does anyone else do that?

·
Registered
176 Posts
You need an extra mag or two simply based on the fact that mags fail and springs, etc. wear out in use.

3 mags is not to many to have even if you're a casual shooter or just don't have as much time as you'd like to shoot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts