Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shooting low/right (I'm left-handed). So when I stripped the XD40 to clean I noticed the rear sight is off-center! If the sight is off to the right, I should be missing to the left, am I right?

Anyway, does it take much of a tap to move the sight back to center. Note the mark on the left of the sight.

·
Registered
67 Posts
you'd be missing to the right. but you said your shooting low also... maybe your anticipating the shot(pushing the firearm) which would in our case go low and to the right. try Unload your firearm and aim at something safe, dry fire and see if your muzzle is moving at all. it shouldn't move when you squeeze the trigger.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Mix a dummy round in with your live ammo in the magazine. If your muzzle dips when the gun clicks on the dummy, you are pushing (known as a flinch) and you will shoot low. Dry fire practice is the best way to work your way through this.

If your bullet is hitting to the right of your point of aim and you want to move the bullet impact left, move the rear sight to the left (or the front sight to the right). To move the impact right, move the rear sight to the right, or the front sight to the left.

Also known as FORS (Front Opposite, Rear Same)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts