Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so I own an FM hi power 9mm.
First off, the rear sight seems loose, and I don't see any way of tightening it, and am not super experienced either.

It seems like it may be something that has just worn down over time.
I haven't really made any sight adjustments, and the gun has not been a carry piece for me. I haven't owned it since new, so the previous owner(s?) may be the culprits.

Either way, I'm wondering if there is a way to tighten this up and make an adjustment that won't just slide out of position,
or if on another gun that this might happen with if you would just buy a new rear sight.

The rear sight on this is not my favorite, and if I knew of somewhere to go to find FM hi power parts, I would likely just replace it, but currently I haven't been able to find any aftermarket or stock parts for this gun.

Anyone out there have experience or advice for me?

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I understand it the FM was produced with a license bought from FN and is essentially a Browning Hi power clone, with a few pieces that are not as high quality.
Anyone know if the sights off of a browning Hi power would fit?

·
Registered
471 Posts
No, the Fabricaciones Militares factory in Argentina was not only license by FN, FN supplied the equipment to build them. FM, like ARMSCOR, makes the real thing (ARMSCOR makes 1911s in the original Colt factory in the Philippines.) and FM to this day manufactures guns for Fabrique Nationale.

Loctite? In any case, I can't think of any reason why a new Hi-Power sight wouldn't work unless it's the slide that's out of spec.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good idea with the loctite, hadn't thought of that at all.
might give that a shot,

unless of course I can find a little bit more comfortable sight somewhere for a browning hi-power. This one is a bit narrow to feel really comfortable shooting.
I really like the xd sights tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts