Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my XD back from SA today, had the following things on the invoice.

-Reamed barrel
-Extractor
-Tested

Google wasn't exactly clear on what reaming out the barrel means.

One couldn't ask for better service from SA though. On my note with the pistol which I sent out Tuesday morning I included all my info, description of the issue, and to please contact me before shipping back so someone would be available to sign.

Six days later, I have my pistol back, now to figure out if I want to go outside. Damn cold Canadian air hit us this weekend and its still 11 degrees out :(

·
Registered
607 Posts
Although I don't recall your problem, I'm surprised it said "reamed" unless that's just a catch-all category. I would expect them to polish feed ramp area and perhaps re-throat the barrel. I assume "extractor" means they replaced it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe reaming the barrel is how the chamber is cut. So I suppose they ran the reamer through to make sure the chamber was cut to specs.

Mike

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After examineing the barrel I see the feed ramp looks polished, well you can almost see yourself in it! It looks better now than when I got it from Gander Mtn. Just seems to flow more evenly and work smoother.

Stinks that it cost me 35 miles to FedEx + $43.50 to ship but hopefully this thing works now.

Something I was thinking, if I send the pistol off to Canyon Creek and get the trigger worked on, (overtravel, short reset, 3lb trigger) - will it void the SA warranty?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts