Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i recently got a a2 stock to put on my cmmg 18" SPR build and it is VERY loud when i cycle it, i have never heard one sound like this before. im pretty sure its a bushmaster stock but im not 100% sure. so ive oiled it and i thought it would quite down with some shooting but it hasn't. i know all ARs have that noise when you shoot them but this is much more then normal.

ano ideas on how to reduce the noise? i know its not a big deal and doesnt affect performance but i just dont like it.

-roger

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Get an Ace FX stock and chrome silicone flat coil Tubbs/Superior Shooting recoil spring.

Sproing is inherent in AR's, though some are louder than others.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really want an ace stock. i will get one eventually

well i figured out a way to reduce the sound to an acceptable level.

i have some powdered teflon made by Hoppe's and i wiped down the inside the buffer tube to remove the oil and then put some powdered teflon in there and it works GREAT. not prefect but much better

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Grease the spring lightly. It will help with the noise.
Keep in mind, it will also attact dirt more easily if you shoot in a dusty environment.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Chrome silicone spring will help reduce the noise. A simple spring swap quieted down my M4 stock from loud and obnoxious to barely noticeable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts