Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to trade in my M&P .40. The hitch is, I can get the gun I want from buds police supply for $200 cheaper than this gun store so I'd be selling it for cash. Would it be crazy to ask $400 for an M&P with trijicon night sights, trigger job, and 5 mags?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I was getting offers for my compact from people for 400 all day long on armslist and craigslist. And it was stock, but also in near perfect condition. Perhaps these people were idiots, but i'd say ask a little more for what you have if its in good enough condition.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem is I'm in Mass and the mags are all 10 rounders :-/ still maybe could get more with the add-ons.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Buds will quote you a price on trade ins via email, I did that with my XDm before I traded it in there, got a good deal for it from them.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buds will quote you a price on trade ins via email, I did that with my XDm before I traded it in there, got a good deal for it from them.
Oh no way, I didn't even think of that. The gun I want is actually from buds police supply, so maybe that will be the way to go..thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
400 is a decent price.

However, trading a gun in usually does NOT bring anywhere near what you will get for it on an individual sale.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
400 is a decent price.

However, trading a gun in usually does NOT bring anywhere near what you will get for it on an individual sale.

- brickboy240
I offered it to a guy I know for $450 private sale...we shall see!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
That is still not bad. I regularly see nice lightly used Glocks and XDs selling in the 400-450 range.

If the 40 shoots as good as the 9mm M&P...its a great buy.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The only soft shooting 40s I know of are the 96F Beretta and the full size HK USP. The rest are pretty snappy and the tiny Glock 40 is just downright uncontrollable if you ask me.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
With what you have, I would buy that all day for $450 (if I was looking for that particular gun).

Priced at $400, I'd buy it just because of the value. I image you'd sell it quickly.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Absolutely!

If I was looking for a 40 and that was available locally for 400 bucks...I'd buy it for sure.

Good luck....you'll have it sold in no time.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The only soft shooting 40s I know of are the 96F Beretta and the full size HK USP. The rest are pretty snappy and the tiny Glock 40 is just downright uncontrollable if you ask me.

- brickboy240
I've never shot the 96F but the HK does seem to handle it well too. I'm with you on the Glock, I only like them in 9mm.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welp, I sold it. $425..

Anyone ever have sellers remorse? It was my first gun and I feel terrible, but it was the only way I could afford my PM9.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Welp, I sold it. $425..

Anyone ever have sellers remorse? It was my first gun and I feel terrible, but it was the only way I could afford my PM9.
My first gun is long gone. I see no point in holding on to a gun that you have no use for. If you put the PM9 to use then you did the right thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts