Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
River Hits Record Flood Level in North Dakota City - FoxNews.com

First of all a tip of the hat to the folks in the area, hope they all make it through okay.

This is just a friendly reminder that when the authorities say to evacuate, you'd better high-tail it out of wherever you are. This is why we prepare for emergencies with all of the talk of BoBs and such. Clearly this is the type of scenario where bugging in is really not much of an option.

Also.. not to make light of a terrible situation but it makes me wish I could fit a canoe in my bug out bag. :(

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
River Hits Record Flood Level in North Dakota City - FoxNews.com

First of all a tip of the hat to the folks in the area, hope they all make it through okay.

This is just a friendly reminder that when the authorities say to evacuate, you'd better high-tail it out of wherever you are. This is why we prepare for emergencies with all of the talk of BoBs and such. Clearly this is the type of scenario where bugging in is really not much of an option.

Also.. not to make light of a terrible situation but it makes me wish I could fit a canoe in my bug out bag. :(
Yes, that's why we have BOBs. Absolutely!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sorry to revamp a dead thread but i Live in Bismarck ND about 90 miles south and we have a flood of our own here. The missouri river peaked at about 20'. flood stage is 16'.

The minot flood though is, by far, much worse as far as displacing people.
If you were to drive through minot though, you really woulden't know unless you drove off the main roads. still a crappy situation though. And FEMA is cutting big corners.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Sorry to revamp a dead thread but i Live in Bismarck ND about 90 miles south and we have a flood of our own here. The missouri river peaked at about 20'. flood stage is 16'.

The minot flood though is, by far, much worse as far as displacing people.
If you were to drive through minot though, you really woulden't know unless you drove off the main roads. still a crappy situation though. And FEMA is cutting big corners.

You sure wouldn't know about it if you listen to the news!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
You sure wouldn't know about it if you listen to the news!
Probably because the people there despite the disaster didn't start acting like criminals robbing and raping each other.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Probably because the people there despite the disaster didn't start acting like criminals robbing and raping each other.
Or, they're just a bunch of white people.

The media only cares when it's "other than white". If it were Haiti, then Bill Clinton would have already parachuted in with the lamestream media.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts