Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
yes.

EDIT: I have the bitone and yes it is stainless, but i think it may have some sort of coating on it cause it doesnt have that finish you would normally expect with a stainless. But i could be wrong. One thing for sure is that its not as "bling" as they look on springfields website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
YES Bi Tone is stainless.

Bead blasted stainless and that's why it doesn't have the "bling". If it had the "bling" they wouldn't sell many because most people don't want a shiney carry gun. In addition, if you think there is bitching here about the blue finish, you should try a highly polished stainless finish. Shows every little mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
gaspipes said:
YES Bi Tone is stainless.

Bead blasted stainless and that's why it doesn't have the "bling". If it had the "bling" they wouldn't sell many because most people don't want a shiney carry gun. In addition, if you think there is bitching here about the blue finish, you should try a highly polished stainless finish. Shows every little mark.
I agree... i wouldn't want a polished gun either.. but i was just remarking the difference so that he would know that the one pictured on SA's site appears a bit more brighter in finish than at least my bitone is. But i love my bitone .40 as it is. Great looking, not too bright, easy to maintain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
I can't find anything on the SA website that calls it stainless -- that seems odd to me. However, I believe it is stainless looking at my subby bi-tone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
The metal is stainless steel, but that doesn't mean it can't rust or anything. It's not super-ultra-invincible hard chrome or anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
RicochetJim said:
I can't find anything on the SA website that calls it stainless -- that seems odd to me. However, I believe it is stainless looking at my subby bi-tone.
This is true, but before I bought mine I had my dealer call Springfield to verify the material/finish before I made the purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so would you guys rather buy a bitone with regular acc. or would you rather get the blued fiinish with the gear up package for $10 less?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
I would stick with the bitone. JUst dont expect it to be rust free if you dont take care of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
dolanp said:
The metal is stainless steel, but that doesn't mean it can't rust or anything. It's not super-ultra-invincible hard chrome or anything.
This it true. Remember, Stainless = Stain LESS. It CAN rust, but isn't as prone to rust. Also, there are different grades of stainless steel that will offer more or less resistance to rust.

No matter what you get, you still need to take care of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
833 Posts
I find with a good cleaning and a good coat of armodillo mine lookes close to what the Bi-tone on springfields website looks like. Pictures are just that pictures you can make anything look great in a picture, just ask some of the guys using those website dating services--lol. I oviously prefer the Bi-tone/stainless just looks a lil meaner IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
I agree , Stain-less not stain-free. My Bi-Tone 40 is great.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top