Springfield XD Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
mabe everyone should measure our peckers and submit them here on the forums and end this competition of sorts?

It all kind of reminds me of the sports fanitacs out there that beat their wifes when the Steelers beat the Raiders.. Just and example here fellas dont go and beat any wifes up now... sorry to say more domestic violence takes place in the Fall on sundays than any other time of the yr.. go figure.

I used to know grown men and still do that their entire week is ruined if the 49'er lost on sunday. And i would ask do you think they actually know you exist?? Does some magical amout of money show up in your checking account when they win a game?? Do you get the game ball sent to you you from the QB saying.. "Here Steve this one was for you Sorry you beat your wife last sunday when we lost and went to jail hope this helps."

sometimes the sencelessness ego maniacs never ceace to amaze me..
Then again without some of them, people like me and others here would be out of a job..

hell i think i'd rust if left in a storm gutter for 2 yrs.. Have i owned a Glock? Yes. would i buy another one? Very Doubtful unless it was extreamly cheap ..

here in is the key lol

i laugh at the ignorance of these posts constantly .

RUST (oxidation), key word OXidation. key element oxygen

Above else, be safe out there fella's.. end the Hate

·
Registered
171 Posts
jcrich33:
I wonder how a Glock would stand up to me shooting it with my XD ?
Thats so funny you said that I was thinking that during earlier posts! LOL

Anything rusts after being in a drain for 2 years, lol. It's no where near, being hard to believe.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
indianbullet said:
i laugh at the ignorance of these posts constantly .

RUST (oxidation), key word OXidation. key element oxygen

Above else, be safe out there fella's.. end the Hate
hey... those are my words... I'M SUING! :twisted:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Right now I am in the phase of trying out almost any kind of gun to figure out what I like. I have owned (in less than a year mind you):
1 Taurus (PT-111 DAO trigger sucked)
1 Glock (G21, no complaints, my regular carry peice)
2 HKs (USPf 9mm and USPc .45, didn't like the ergos)
1 SIG (P226 .357sig, another sweet peice)
1 Ruger revolver (GP-100, love it)
1 Makarov (awesome for the $)
and finally 1 XD (Tactical 9mm, haven't shot it yet)

I don't claim that my Glock is the be all and end all. I love it, shoot it well, and carry it. It does have some things I don't like so well, but it works for me. But I DO understand that if it is in an extreme environment like a sewer for 2 friggin years, it may rust. So what do I do? Refrain from storing my glock (or any of my guns) in a sewer. It's not that hard to believe.

So far, if I had to buy only one brand and price wasn't a consideration, it would be a SIG.

But I don't and it is, so the XD looked really nice to me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
XD 40 mike said:
epsylum:
and finally 1 XD (Tactical 9mm, haven't shot it yet)
Just wait untill you shoot that mother.

Your currently are carrying the glock everyday?

You will see.
Tomarrow I get to shoot it.

I already have a box of +P rangers for it. Now all i need is a holster.

So far if I had to carry any, I would carry my SIG. I just don't have hi-caps or a holster for it yet. The 226 with Hogue wrap arounds is like grabbing my own hand mold. It almost melts in my hand.

I will probably carry the XD if I do find that I like it better, but until then, it's the Glock for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Be excited! You will come to an understanding tomorrow what the XD's are all about. Watch i'm telling you. You will fire the first bullet right through the X in the bullseye. Then you'll be like DAMN, this is a serious gun. The you will fire the second round, piercing through the same hold only to make it slightly larger, then you will be like DAMN again, this is the most serious weapon of them all. LOL And also, get "Guns and Ammo Handuns" It has a awesome article on a 20,000 round torture test dont by one of our forum members. Its burried in MUD, frozen on ICE, put in SAND, thrown in the AIR, etc etc. You must see this article....hold on let me get you the cover shot.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
FireSeven said:
masterofg3 said:
... I'll bet some of you constantly need some "re-assuring" from your wives as well,heh? Gotta go now, I have a Glock 20 10mm to polish and stroke...
go stroke it..those of us with wives won't need to :lol:
Again with the picture! What does that mean? lolol

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
SLCDave said:
masterofg3 said:
Well, what is "armory koat"? It's paint!! How do you keep cheap metal from rusting......PAINT! Ever notice how tool steel is so rust resistant, such as a2? Not only did my XD .357 rust, it was plagued with reliability problems.The XD, like so many others is as close to a Glock as it can be....without patent infringement,PERIOD. So again, back to trying to "re-assure eachother". I'll bet some of you constantly need some "re-assuring" from your wives as well,heh? Gotta go now, I have a Glock 20 10mm to polish and stroke. :D
:roll:

Why did I feed the troll in the first place?

ALL fanboys, regardless of what they are into, are stupid.

I think of him as Glock Guy, a la Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
masterofg3 said:
That's not just a finish problem,it's a grade of steel problem.
No, that is a finish problem. Nitriding (for our American palate) is what makes the "grade" of steel (whatever that means in some minds) so corrosion resistant. That has little to do with the other myriad properties of steel.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I asked him if I could have the grip. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Its all cracked in half, lol. Thats because it was run over repeatedly by a truck, lol, and then parked on. :D

What did he say, to my knowledge, the guns on his nightstand and is still currently firing. :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
XD 40 mike said:
Its all cracked in half, lol. Thats because it was run over repeatedly by a truck, lol, and then parked on. :D

What did he say, to my knowledge, the guns on his nightstand and is still currently firing. :D
You gotta love it! :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Finally got to shoot my XD. It was nice, but unfortunately I am more accurate with my Glock 21. I guess I am just used to it. The XD had one FTFeed. It looked like it was caught on the little notch cut out on the frame part that matches up with the feed ramp. I just yanked on the slide and then it fed. So far I am happy with it as I didn't buy it for a carry gun (would have got at leas the service length if I was going to carry it), I got it more for a home/range gun. That was the reason I went with 9mm (cheap).

I am not trying to troll, but just relate my personal experience with it. I do feel it is VERY comparable with a Glock in every catagory. It is a Glock for people who hate glock grip angles and triggers. I have just grown so accustomed to my glock I am having a hard time adjusting to it. Again, it isn't the gun, becasue I am having a hard time adjusting to my SIG P226 also, and that is FAR from a junk gun.

I am liking my Makarov more an more though. That thing is just fun.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts