Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two weeks ago I put TFOs on my XD and my GLOCK. When I installed them they went on fairly loose (no sight pusher needed).
The sights are great recommend them highly but somewhere between my last shots fired yesterday and cleaning them today the rear sight on the GLOCK fell off and the XDs set screw was 1/2 a turn loose this was after about 1000 rounds in each gun Re-Tighten every 300 to 500 rounds or you will be out $90 like me

P:S it was not a sign to sell my GLOCK

·
Registered
454 Posts
How do you like the tfo's? Been thinking of getting a set, I have a set of night sights that I don't like for daytime shooting(can't see them.they have the silver outer rings) but I want night sights for my carry gun so I figure the TFO's are the way to go. Also kinda off the subject ..I see you have a surefire E2D and I was wondering how you like that as well? i am looking at that model for a fathers day gift idea. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TFOs are great for daylight and lowlight conditions. Super brite but for total darkness I think I would prefer a contrasting front color I did some testing in total darkness and 1out of 3 times I had the front site lined up to the left or right of the rear its just 3 green dots in a row. I think pistol gear know has the new front green rear yellow TFOs I may trade mine out

Forgive my 80s flashback when I say the surefire e2d is SICK its very cool I live in California where a carry permit is about impossible to get so on a daily basis I cary my Benchmade AFCK and the Surefire e2d and I feel aside from being a great flash lite it is also a serious striking weapon I highly recommend it as a gift I got my on e-bay for $80.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm considering TFOs myself, and wouldn't mind seeing a set of the green/yellow sights installed. I wonder if anyone bought them yet.
-hype

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ampleworks I just ordered a new set I hand to get the green/green as they don't have the yellow/green for the clock in yet. I will locktite them in for sure this time

·
Registered
454 Posts
Did they have yellow/green for the XD's??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
www.Pistolgear.com Has an option under the TFO order for the XD to select either Green/Green or Green/Yellow in stock now! I have not seen these anywhere else not even on Tru-Glos website

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
RangeRat said:
About two weeks ago I put TFOs on my XD and my GLOCK. When I installed them they went on fairly loose (no sight pusher needed).
The sights are great recomend them highly but somewhere between my last shots firerd yesterday and claening them today the rear sight on the GLOCK fell off and the XDs set screw was 1/2 a turn loose this was after about 1000 rounds in each gun Re-Tighten every 300 to 500 rounds or you will be out $90 like me

P:S it was not a sighn to sell my GLOCK

just to let you know.... a lot of gunsmiths put install the TFOs wrong.

a lot of them grind the post down to fit it in the slide, thats the wrong way to do it (especially on Glocks). any TFO sits that have a post are supposed to be pressed in.

this came strait from the owners mouth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks rooster but I installed them myself. I used a site pusher that I bought from glockmiester to remove the original sites then I went to put the TFOs on and was able to push them on with my hands maybe they were just a little small from the factory. The ones I put on my XD I had to pound on with a punch they fit a little tighter but not much if the set I just ordered don't fit tight I will send them back

Thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
I insalled a set a couple weeks ago. It took about 20 min. They went on pretty snug on my TACTICAL 9. Put the locktight on the set screw and for the front, after shotting 20 rds, I was very happy with my groups and used a small punch 1/16 and tapped the front dovetail to roll over a little to secure the front sight in place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts