Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that modded your pearce extensions, what tools did you use? Im looking to remove the lipped portion of it in the front but I have no tools. Going to see if any of my friends have whatever you guys suggest that you used. Please post pics of yours. Anyone willing to do it for me if I mail it to them please PM me with how much you would want

thanks

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
If you are desperate you could rub it briskly on a concrete sidewalk.
A dremel and fine file to smooth it up would work best though!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used a woodworking stationary belt sander to shorten mine. I can email you a pict because I don't have enough posts to put it here. If you can't find one locally and are willing to put on a tape line showing where you want it sanded to, I am willing to do it for you....not cost other than actual shipping.

Dave

·
Registered
508 Posts
Any sander will do. A Dremel would work fine too. You could hand sand it in half an hour. 150-200 grit to cut and then finish with 400-600.
If you or a friend really aren't handy I'll do it for you. You pay shipping both ways.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
A little off the front of my xd9sc with a bench grinder. Then a quick sand.

kypix

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bench grinder. Just make sure is even. Then when done sand with 800 sandpaper. Easy just remember measure twice cut once. Go slow. Take some off then test fit and continue till happy.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In case anyone comes across this thread wanting to know the same thing, I winded up doing them by hand with Sandpaper as suggested. Used 60, then 100, then 200 just rubbing back and forth pushing down hard....they are sooo much better without that lil extended lip in the front.....took about 30 min to do all (3) pearce extensions, just waiting on the new grip tape pieces and ill be a happy camper......thank you to those that offered to help

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Any sander will do. A Dremel would work fine too. You could hand sand it in half an hour. 150-200 grit to cut and then finish with 400-600.
If you or a friend really aren't handy I'll do it for you. You pay shipping both ways.
I like this one...going to fire up the belt sander this weekend :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
OK. I'm not easily impressed.....this mod is a thumbs up!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
A Dremel tool and fine sandpaper should do the trick, as many have stated! Also, to everyone who posted pics of there customization jobs, they all look great!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just ordered 2 of these extentions so I'll definitely be doing this mod!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I must be the odd man out. I happen to LIKE the lip on the Pearce extension.

But, if we all liked the same things, it'd be a boring world, huh?

Duane

·
Registered
508 Posts
^ Me thinks it depends on finger size. I've got long skinny fingers and I wanted the bare minimum to rest my pinky on.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I will definitely shoot the gun first with the mags and extentions to see how much my finger actually needs. I can see narrowing it down for concealed carry but we'll see - if I need the whole thing I'll leave it on.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have bigger hands / fingers..........I winded up keeping it the same length as they come, just removing the extra lip that pokes out in the front....i front appendix carry so that lip was bothering me sitting

1 - 20 of 24 Posts