Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I am debating making this my next purchase :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
You know, looking at the 45LE at the show, the one thing I noticed was that the barrel is a LOT, I mean LOTS and LOTS thinner.

I'm no metallurgist or Gunsmith, but I'd be mildly concerned....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did anyone else notice the subtle changes on this gun? The front notches on the slide sit farther back than on the previous tactical models. Also there are to notches on the rail instead of one. Possibly to fit the XML on the larger frame?
Just my observation, Sorry if this has been mentioned.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This thing looks awesome; I just wish they had aftermarket barrels for it. I think it will be a good addition to my family. :p

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Sorry to chuckle, but its funny how so many of you are worried about the 45's thinner barrel. Have you looked at any 1911 or other 45acp pistol's barrels? They're all that way.

The 45GAP (like the 45acp) is a low pressure load, much lower than the 9x19, 357 Sig or 40SW, therefore, it does not need a thicker barrel.

Don't worry...it won't blow up...that barrel thickness is noting to worry about. I have two 1911s that have launched thousands of 45acp loads and they show no signs of giving up.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Good article here on the .45 GAP cartridge:
http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammunition/new_45/

It does have higher pressure than the ACP, but it doesn't sound like it's a lot more. They're using newer-tech propellants to get the same velocity without adding excessive pressure.

Gotta love those chemical engineers...

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
it may be me, but teh slide doesn't look like it fits as nicely against teh frame as my .40

1 - 8 of 8 Posts