Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know there was a post recently about this, but I can't find it. Searches have been unproductive too.

I would appreciate any input anybody has from experience or even "hear-say", about whether shot-shells do damage to the rifling in a pistol barrel. I am inclined to think that it would be a bad thing, but lead is much softer than the steel our barrels are made from. But, if you consider the velocities and mass of the lead, it could be a bad thing. See why I'm bumfuzzled???!!!

Man, I like bustin' snakes, but it is not worth damage to my beloved XD-40!

Oh yeah killin' snakes, turtles and frogs (I love froggin, but can you actually believe the GOV has implemented a season and requires you to buy a license for "harvesting" a f'n frog?!?!) is illegal in my state so let's just keep this between us!
Thanks
J

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
I love froggin, but can you actually believe the GOV has implemented a season and requires you to buy a license for "harvesting" a f'n frog?!?!)
Of course it's illegal to shoot frogs. Most people in Washington are related to frogs. If you want to shoot frogs you must pay their relatives off.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Best thing to do is the clean your barrel after shooting one of these shotshells.
The shot is encapsulated in plastic, but they may start to disinegrate before it leaves the barrel. Just swab out the barrel before following up with regular bullets. Even if you didn't clean the barrel, I still don't see how the barrel could be damaged. Maybe excess lead streaking up the bore?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts