Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully to the delight of my friends here at XD Talk, I am retiring my Glock 26 and I am getting a new XD-9 Sub for carry. (Actually, the wife gets the G26 for her SUV). Anyway, I carry and shoot Ranger T +p+ in the G26 (not a lot, but a couple of mags a month of the +p+, most target practice is WWB or UMC ball ammo). I assume the answer is YES, but is it okay to carry and practice with the +p+ in the XD-9?
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XD_Dan said:
HighVelocity said:
Send me a box and I'll test it in my sub. :p
And if you need a second opinion...I'm in.
LOL...you guys are great! Thanks for dropping the 411, can't wait to shoot some +p+ in the Sub!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have had a XD 40 4 inch Service Model since last August. I emailed Springfield and asked if it was safe to run +P and +P+ in the XD's. They told me fine except for the subcompact models

·
Registered
96 Posts
9mm and 40cal rounds are already under so much pressure.. I couldnt see putting a +p through any of my guns.. but thats me and my guns.. how much does the +p and +p+ affect the performance of the bullet anyways??

·
Registered
471 Posts
I hope you aren't using an +p 40 rounds. That will blow stuff up. There is no industry approved +p 40 round. Most of the 40 KBs you hear about are handloads where people push the limits. If you look at 40 reloading data there are many warnings about high pressure.

But no. the Ranger 127gr +p+ will not work in an XD. You should send that ammo to me as I am getting low on my supply.

-Dana

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ranger +p+ is loaded in the 40,000 cup area. There warm, but from looking at the beef in the barrel I don't think it would be a problem as carry only load. I'm sure it will go through recoil springs a lot faster.

Thats one thing that a saw when I picked one up last week that impressed me was how well supported and beefy the chamber was. :shock:

·
Registered
471 Posts
In all honesty the Ranger +p+ functions just fine in an XD....

If have shot them in all my 9mms without a problem.

-Dana

1 - 11 of 11 Posts