Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new XD-9 Bi tone Service to the range for the first time today. Put 200 rounds of WWB. Everything went great except for the 1 FTF out of the 200 rounds. But it was a kind of a wierd event (for me being a newb). I was half way through a mag of 16 rounds. All of a sudden, click and nothing. I racked the slide and locked it back. A round ejected and then i looked at the next rounds still in the magazine. Instead of the next round being nice and horizontal in the mag, there were three rounds all next to each other lined up, but VERTICAL still in the magazine with their primer sides up and the bullet side down in the mag. How does that happen? Is it something I did that would cause this or is it the gun?

·
Registered
889 Posts
:shock:
Had you dropped the mag on the ground? I have seen ammo rearange it's self in the mag when they get dropped on the ground.
Did you have help loading your mags? I have never seen a properly loaded mag rearange the ammo by it's self before.
Maybe it was "Shadow People".

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
This is a new one on me :shock:

Only thing I can say is to make sure you slowly and carefully load your magazine. Take your time and load each round one at a time. Make sure it is seated properly and then go to the next until the mag is filled. Maybe pick up a magazine loaded to help you out?

There are different kinds on the market. Hopefully this odd event won't happen again.

Good luck, shoot safely.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
40SWXDSHOOTER said:
:shock:
Had you dropped the mag on the ground? I have seen ammo rearange it's self in the mag when they get dropped on the ground.
Did you have help loading your mags? I have never seen a properly loaded mag rearange the ammo by it's self before.
Maybe it was "Shadow People".
I didnt drop it, and I am the one that was loading it, so I have no idea why that happened. Stupid shadow people/gremlins go get your own gun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts