Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I posted this on another forum..but hey, wth right? :) )
Cliff notes:

Off hand shooting @ 50 yards:

SU: 1/2" groups
AR (DPMS?): 1 3/5"

Off hand @ 100 yards:

SU: 1 3/4" groups
AR: 3" groups

All shots were three shot groups..later, 10 rounds (1 shot per second) strings

@ 50 yards:

SU: 1 1/4" groups

AR: 2 1/2" groups

Conclusion, SU won! yeah!

Honestly thou, I think it was also the shooter that won, the AR guy had too much pressure on him. He was being pushed by his friends because they said my Su doesnt look sturdy and it must be 1/4 the price of the AR...

PS: I did shut them up about how unrealiable the SU is thou. haha, the AR malfuntion twice in this little friendly competition while my SU...none! +1 for KT!

PSS: Dont get my wrong, Im building an AR because I love them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I own KT firearms...they are alright for what they are, but seriously to post your thread is a bit like comparing apples to peanut butter.

I'd say in order to do a Gun A versus Gun B...you will need to have the same shooter and use the same ammo. The groups that you listed does not indicate what type of ammo was used or how experienced each shooter was or was not.

If you are trying to say that the SU16 is better than a DPMS AR15...you are sadly mistaken. Don't confuse your unscientific "test" with real world testing.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I own KT firearms...they are alright for what they are, but seriously to post your thread is a bit like comparing apples to peanut butter.

I'd say in order to do a Gun A versus Gun B...you will need to have the same shooter and use the same ammo. The groups that you listed does not indicate what type of ammo was used or how experienced each shooter was or was not.

If you are trying to say that the SU16 is better than a DPMS AR15...you are sadly mistaken. Don't confuse your unscientific "test" with real world testing.
LOL, must of hit a nerve. Im not saying the KT is better, I am saying the shooter won the match. How would competition be like if everyone brought their guns to the event and have ONE shooter shot them all and compare the results for them? It's not competition.

VS- go against; in opposition. BTW.

Real world testing?
....the AR malfuntion twice in this little friendly competition while my SU...none!
How'd it happen? The extractor didnt pull the case out...twice. And he had to undo the gun to pull out the brass...

And, I guess you were selectivly reading?
PSS: Dont get my wrong, Im building an AR because I love them.
And you are correct, sometimes apples taste good with peanut butter on them. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts