Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st time to the range with the xdm..im fairly impressed as i didnt do to bad for my first 48 rounds and i am by no means a avid shooter. by the way check out the 3rnd 3/4inch group on the first targets heart :) :)

1st target was practice target the two i missed were limp wristed before i change the grips and got familiar with the sites (10 yards 7 heart miss 2 10 head all hit)

2nd was a long distance 3 rnd burst target to simulate a panic situation. missed a few but did enough damage to take care of business. (15yds 1 shoulder burst 2 head burst 2 heart burst)

3rd was my actually trying to aim at target all shots on target. (10yrds 4rnds head/4rnds heart....15yrds 8 chest)

each target has it written on it what i was aiming for and distance...if you cant see it ill post.
what you think?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Not bad, keep practicing. :-D

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nice.

I'm no expert, but my advice would be to forget headshots and shooting for the heart and concentrate on hitting the center of mass. If it's just for fun, sure, but not for defensive shooting practice. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
620 Posts
concentrate on hitting the center of mass.
+1

While accurate shooting is very necessary, we aren't hunting deer with our pistols. You want to get as many rounds into your threat as soon as possible. This means solid, center of mass, hits... not just clipping the outer edge of his profile.

With that said, slow fire, accurate shooting is also very fun. Pick up some snap-caps and try dry fire at home. This will greatly increase your accuracy with slow fire longer shots. Lately I've been shooting longer distances around 65 yards, keeping most shots on a paper plate. Not to long ago I was lucky to do that at 25 yards. Dry fire really does work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree,as a newbie to this gun thing I was taught center mass, head shot if the threat persist. I practice for the groups at every distance.
It"s the groups that matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts