Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first 1911 and first time taking to range. My First round popped off the white paint I put on front sight. Hard for my old eyes to see the blk front/ rear sights. Gonna add a fiber optic front sight. Still needs some adjustment. And more time shooting my first 1911 or 45cal.

15 and 25 yrds. Looking forward to more time together soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
127,978 Posts
Very nice pistol. I recommend some TFOs.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Nice shooting for your first time out with it. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Off hand. Shot these at the end of 200 rounds. Lil shaky, should maybe started off there. Anyhow. I'm very pleased with the flawless function of the weapon. Just gotta get use to the new platform. I really appreciate all the input and suggestions.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
You absolutely killed it for your first time shooting. That would be good shooting even for someone who had owned it for years. Very impressive. I absolutely love the .45. Big old heavy, slow slug. 230 grains of persuasion. Nice heavy push back in your hand but not really poppy.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You absolutely killed it for your first time shooting. That would be good shooting even for someone who had owned it for years. Very impressive. I absolutely love the .45. Big old heavy, slow slug. 230 grains of persuasion. Nice heavy push back in your hand but not really poppy.

Tks Nathan, You exactly Described the recoil.. Which i prefer. I am a big ole boy with large hands and it seems more natural that the "Pop" of my XDS and XDM 9's

My Wife shot VERY Well for her first time with the .45 cal round.. She normally shoots her xds9 or glock 19.. She kept wanting More Ammo. I'm thinking a Good thing.. I can suggest a lightframe compact 1911 for her.. And ME...;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice shooting and nice gun! That 25 yard target is well done.

Welcome to the obsession, that's a Range Officer right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts