Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was able to get out yesterday and do a little shooting. Have not been able to get out for a month, and it felt great to sling a little lead. shot my XDm 4.5" .45 and my XDm 3.8" 9mm. Decided to just shoot relatively close. If you enlarge the pics, you can see the distances marked.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That bullseye is a goner. Nice shooting. Pics are a bit small to read the fine print.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Your choice of targets needs addressing. I hate those targets because it teaches people to shoot at bellybuttons.
The vital organs and things that make the body function are higher in the 9 ring of that target. If you teach yourself to shoot low/center of mass when static, the stress of an actual incident will direct your bullets there. Next time at the range, hold that target up to your body to see what I mean. Make sure that even punching paper, it is correct practice.

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
Good shooting, but I too suggest you change to IDPA or USPSA targets.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good points. They probably had the better targets at the range, but they were in the midst of their CHL class lunch break and the one guy behind the counter was very harried. I took what he gave me. Next time I will look for the other targets. I know they shoot, or used to shoot, one of those competitions there, so I am sure they must have them.

Sorry for the small pictures. I have not figured out how to put the larger picture up there. Let me try again:

If you click on them, you get a pretty good close up.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts