Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my XDm-9 last week, took it to the range Sunday ...

100 rds CCI Blazer 124gr FMJ, no failures
50 rds Triton Quik-Shok 115gr JHP, one failure to feed.

The Triton rounds had been on my shelf for two or three years, just decided to burn them up, some of the cases were a bit corroded -- and I didn't clean the gun before I headed for the range.

The mags are hard to fill to capacity; never used a mag loader like the one that comes with the gun and didn't figure it out while I was there.

The gun handles very well ... it has those replaceable backstraps, comes with the middle one but I think I'm switching to the largest ... I don't have big hands, but with both hands on the gun the grip felt a bit thin.

Also noticed that the first round out of the mag pulled a bit to the left, tho the rest shot to point of aim at 7 yds ...

I like the gun a lot; didn't buy it to carry but with 19+1 capacity it would make a great nightstand weapon ...

Next step -- get some fresh SD ammo and see which one works best. :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Winchester Ranger Bonded shot extremely accurate and reliable. 124 gr. Bonded JHP +P. For $19.50 you can load 39 rds for carry.

·
Registered
948 Posts
the mags are very tight at 1st but they will get better i did have too hit the bottom of a full mag kinda hard to make sure it lock in place this too was just at 1st over all the gun must fit your hand install the large back strap shoot 200 rds or so see if that helps.good luck!!!:cool:

·
Registered
430 Posts
leave the mags loaded for about 2 weeks (if you can) the tension should easy up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts