Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stars aligned allowing me out of my cage for a trip to the Arms Room.

Put 50 rounds through the PF-9, had one malfunction half way through the first magazine. Cleared it quickly and got back on target. I'm very comfortable shooting the PF-9. Next challenge will be to order a variety of defensive ammunition for testing and evaluation.

Moving on to the XDM 45 4.5. Shot 200 rounds at a variety of distances, zero malfunctions. Really is a joy to shoot.

XDM 45, 10 yards, 13 rounds

At some point in the evening a dude five lanes over sent an 8" target all the way down range. (23 yards) Challenge accepted. I put up a fresh 8" target and sent it all the way out too. I Checked my stance, grip, and carefully fired 13 shots. Reeled the target back in to find that all 13 were on target in a 7" group. :twisted: Pleased with my work I look at the other guy's target, a 3" group. :shock: As I was packing up to leave I looked to see what he was shooting. He was seated with an AR-15 and huge scope on a bipod. Having seen that, I felt better about shooting a 7" group, hand held, with a pistol and iron sights. :D

Fun night at the range. Only thing that could have made it better would have been the beautiful and talented Mrs. Obscura. Friday nights are date night at the Arms room, your date shoots free.

·
Premium Member
23,670 Posts
sounds like a good time ,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts