Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my XDm bitone 40 yesterday and got to shoot it today. It's been busy so I didn't get a chance to clean it first. Just took it straight out of the box and started shooting.

I am an admitted newbie to handguns. I have owned a SIG for 15 years but only plinked with it. Anyway I have been trying to get better, as its not as easy to shoot a handgun as it is a rifle which I do much more frequently.

I shot 50 times today with cheap target ammo, primarily at 10 yards and my first shot was a bullseye from 10 yards, it went down hill after that but overall, the XDm is very accurate. Here are a couple of my better targets, the first one is at 7 yards and the 2nd at 10. There are a couple of flyers and I'm not bragging that my targets are great by any stretch. Bot overall for a newb I was pretty pleased. The fliers are when I didn't squeeze, but pulled the trigger.

Overall, I love the trigger on the XDm, to me it's the best feature. Compared to alot of other guns I have shot, it is very good. Anyway, I'll keep learning to squeeze and stop shaking so much, but the XDm is a accurate out of the box and easy to shoot! Also, I immediately added the large grip, the small is tiny to me.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Looks pretty good to me. Not bad for a new pistol and once you get use to it, pow! You'll be a great shot! Keep up the good work!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts