Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from my third trip out to the range, and here is the report.
First I decided to try an experiment. I put my xdm in the owb holster that came with the gun, and attached it to a standard dress belt.
I then put on a hawaiian shirt (XL) that is just a little big on me. I then went to the local Meijers (Similar to Walmart) to buy some ammo. I also wore a light rain / windbreaker because it has been raining today. The gun rode comfortably on my side slightly to the rear of the hip. If anyone noticed anything there was never any indication of it, so the pistol is very concealable, even with a owb holster.
The ammo I am shooting is winchester white box 165 grain.
On my first two trips to the range I kept shooting left and sometimes low. I went with a friend of mine, and together we determined that I was:
1. anticipating the shot and pushing the gun.
2. Not pulling straight back on the trigger.
When I corrected those two things I was putting all rounds in a 9 inch paper plate at 21 feet.
I love it! it is a quality weapon that shoots very well, and is really comfortable to wear and shoot.
I have ordered a amish belt to use for a gun belt, and the next thing I will order is a crossbreed supertuck.
My friend, a glock guy, also shot my pistol and loved it. Who knows maybe a covert in the process.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice. I carried my full size xdm in the supplied holster out into public a few time just useing the composit paddle holster pushed around behind my right hip. I was supprised at how easy it is to conceal such a large pistol. I've also noticed that wal-mart seems to be the ammo distributor of choice for XD owners. I get my ammo at wal-mart too though I can't seem to shoot 165 grain ammo. It shoots 6 ways from sunday in my xdm. I switched to 180 grain remington umc hollow points. I get them in 100 round packs at my walmart for 35 dollars total.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I mentioned in my original post; I went to Meijer (Walmart like store) to buy ammo for my trip to the range. I originally planned on doing some additonal shopping, but the clerk told me she had to walk the ammo to the register.
It is really disappointing when a store treats you like they don't trust you. I would much rather shop at Meijer, but I may have to start buying my ammo at wally world.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
As I mentioned in my original post; I went to Meijer (Walmart like store) to buy ammo for my trip to the range. I originally planned on doing some additonal shopping, but the clerk told me she had to walk the ammo to the register.
It is really disappointing when a store treats you like they don't trust you. I would much rather shop at Meijer, but I may have to start buying my ammo at wally world.

For a while my wally's started doing that too. I asked the old duffer about it and he said it was because they found a box of 9mm JHP in the bathroom 1/2 empty. So, some dishonest person filled his mags and scampered off without paying! They did that for awhile until they got tired of walking back and forth!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts