Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a brief note that I have over 1000 rounds in my XD40 BiTone service without a problem. Shooting a variety of ammo WWB FMJ, Golden Sabre JHPs and a bunch of Remington UMC FMJ. No problems noted at all and quite accurate (with my eyes) out to 45 ft. I love the contrability with triple taps...easy to keep on center mass at 21 ft and closer.

I recently bought an XD9sc used with less than 100 rounds through it. I have added another 300 so far without a problem. Certainly not going to use it at the 45ft mark with my eyes. Not sure why unless it's just the sighting radius, but there is a real difference with my ability to hit POA at that distance (thought it's not likely that I will be engaging anyone at that distance!).

I love the fact I can shoot twice as many rounds for the same price, but my carry gun is the 40 preferentially unless I need to really dress light when I will use the c-tac for the subcompact.

Now, what to buy next!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
One thing that has improved my shooting with my Service 40 is the improvement in the trigger solely from about 1,000 dry fires with A-Zoom snap caps! The trigger is now very, very smooth and fairly light, not target quality but more than sufficient for a service designed pistol.

My eyesight is bad too. I’m going to try the ghost ring sights offered by several manufactures.

Tom

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do the ghost rings do and do they require changes in holster? I've never seen them in real life so can only guess here...

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
I had ghost rings on a Para P-16 for IPSC shooting for awhile, and they where realy fast up close, and out to about 10-12 yards, then they where kinda sloppy. There is just too much room in the ring for good front sight alignment. But up close it was like shooting a gun with a dot.
But thats just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts