Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week while my kids were off from school we decided to pack up some goodies and hit the range. i took my XD9 service and my new EDC OD XD9SC and a few hundred rounds of FMJ and a couple boxes of EDC JHP's. the boys took their Savage bolt action .223's with 200 rounds. we started at the pistol lanes and put some holes in some targets we bought from walmart. then after we got our bearings we moved the target out to 18 paces from the firing lanes. 18 paces is the furthest A to B point in our house. so i figured that would be a good distance. we then put up some paper plates and plugged some in those.
next we moved to the rifle range. boys had a lot of fun there. shot mostly at 150 to 200 meters at paper targets. local range dont allow to shoot anything except paper. then my kids noticed two steel targets at 300 meters and then it was on. they had a blast. when we were ready to leave we turned around and it looked like a school field trip. must have been 25 kids there with their families. we all had a great time. next time im taking the wife and her S&W .38.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I love to read post like this ^^^
We have several youth programs at our Club/ Range and we are trying our best to get more young folks intrested in shooting. It sure is fun to watch them shoot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts