Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the XD-40 SC to the range again today for the 3rd time. What a great gun. I now have a total of 350 rounds through it. The first 150 went flawlessly the second 100 had two fail to feed. All of those were with WWB. This trip I picked up some Remington in 180 grain. All 100 fed great. No FTF's no Jams, no problems. Also seemed a little cleaner. I shot 50 at 25 feet and shot free hand 6-8" groups (don't know if that is good or not but I felt pretty good about it). The next 50 were at 50 feet and even though the grouping wasn't tight, 40 of them were in the black. Man, I love this little gun. Feels good in my hand, shoots more accurate than I can, and pretty much is flawless. As of right now the only problem I see is me. I'm hitting right of center 60% of the time so I must be flinching ever so slightly. Hopefully some dry fire practice will help. Oh, also, I've owned it for 4 weeks and no sign of rust and I do clean it and oil it after every trip to the range.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Whenever I feel iffy about my groups, I always picture the group size on a person's chest and then I realize that those groupings are more than adequate for self-defense.

A world class bullseye shooter, sadly, I am not...

-stunks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts