Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my new XD40 sub for a little over a week and have taken it to both an indoor range, and to our outdoor range at work.

I've only put 220 rounds through it, but to this date I have not had one malfunction. Not one misfeed, not one stoppage in battery.

The trigger is going to take some getting used to (I'm used to a true DAO revolver trigger). I seemed to be "pushing" my rounds to the left and discovered that I was pushing the trigger that way (fingertipping).

I've read some of the other range reports on shot placement being high. I must be one of those that received a weapon that has the correct sights installed. All rounds are hitting point of aim so far, earlier shooter errors notwithstanding.

I would like to comment that for me, a weapon with a 3" barrel is plenty accurate at 7-10 yds if my shot placement is within 2"- 5" considering that this is a self-defense weapon and not a service pistol.

Overall, I am happy with the pistol and I have had a few of my co-workers shoot it and they like it too.

Appreciate all of the tips, comments and feedback that these forums have provided for me. Your input helped make my decision to purchase an informed one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I own a green one. I've put ~500 rds through mine of various brands of ammo, w/o any malfunctions. The bullets impact directly in the center of the white dot, which is kind of weird, but I've gotten used to it. The trigger has slicken up with use and dry firing. I installed the meprosights on mine and I sandblasted the barrel hood and parkerized it a dark green. I didn't really care for the brushed-blue finish.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the XD family!! you will love it buy there is one problem. XD's have a real tendancy to get lonely and you may find another one or two following you home from the funstore. no i mean gunstore. well no funstore i guess. Personaly i have had 2 more follow me home and onother one in threatening to follow me home

1 - 3 of 3 Posts