Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from shooting the new XD and some other toys. Great pistol. Not a single hitch at all and I ran 100rds of Winchester white box, 100rds of CCI blazer, 20Hydrashocks, and just over 100rds of Wolf. Not a single FTF or FTE with any of it, even after running a ton of dirty ammo through it.

I noticed that I am shooting about 3-4 inches to the right at 50', and I think it is due to the trigger pull being so different and heavier than my 3lb crisp as all hell camera button of a 1911 trigger that I am used to. Just going to have to practice a lot more with it to get used to it. It hits dead on POA just to the right. I am glad that my sights are not set for 6 o'clock on this one.

The mags on mine have an extremely stiff spring, and getting the 10th-12th rds in was atually difficult. I have a feeling that after a break in period they will get a lot easier.
I also looked at the slide catch, and how it grabs the follower of the mag to hold the slide open. I was a little concerned after hearing that the .40cal likes to have the catch get hung up on the larger .40 bullet and stop the slide before the mag is out, but with the slide off, the catch is a lot farther away from the bullet than in the pics on the thread regarding this prob. It may be that HS atually took care of the problem and shortened the stop for the .40, or it may have just been the profile of the Winchester white box target ammo(translation=cheap plinking stuff).
I am going to check it out with a lot of other ammo and see of there is even the chance of it grabbing on any of the ammo.

IJ

·
Banned
1,546 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, Now I see that I should have looked a little harder at the forum titles. I'm not used to having a range report forum available to me to post in.
IJ

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Integratedj said:
Damn, Now I see that I should have looked a little harder at the forum titles. I'm not used to having a range report forum available to me to post in.
IJ

8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Integratedj,
I noticed the same thing when I did my first clip/trig POA/POI tests.
And the big hole center was 1 3/8th" 3 o'clock from center on the 5" circle
The short sighting just makes it a little getting used to, and for me requires more accuracy in alignment.

Eventually, I want to be able to train enough to be able to intuitively center the POI.

Regards
tgiint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts