Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my NTM (New To Me) HS2000 to the range last weekend and let me just say what a beautiful little gem this turned out to be. In all I put about 500 rds. through the pistol and only had 2 FTE's. I am usually a stickler about function, but once I cleaned the extractor out (really full of crud) the pistol ran fine.

I think there are two things that grabbed my attention during the session.

1. The gun had very little felt recoil and as a result I was able to return to target fairly quickly shot after shot. I must say that this design is far superior to the Glock (at least for me) in this respect. As I have fired Glocks, as the mag gets close to empty, the balance of the gun changes due the spent rounds. I felt little to no change in this regard with this design.

2. The accuracy really took my breath away. The only other pistol I shot that day was my S&W SW1911. This gun is a real tack driver and delivers super spreads. Each time I extended the target further out from my stall, I was amazed that the spreads equalled that of the 1911. At about 25', I was able to keep EVERY SINGLE ROUND in the 9/10 ring (15 round mag).

Folks, I have owned SIGs, S&W, Walther, Ruger, Bersa, and Rossi and I think that this was the best $350 I have ever spent on a pistol period. I have about 4 guns that are keepers, and now I have 5!

God Bless!!

Peter

·
Registered
595 Posts
AMEN & AMEN :D

I too own an HS2000 3rd Gen. along with a stainless finish XD Service 9mm model and a Sig P228. I value the HS the most because I found it at such a bargain, mint condition in a pawn shop and it shoots so well. My Sig 228 is my favorite shooter but I would probally trade it off before I would the HS2000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts