Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the back strap to the smaller one and it made a huge difference. I really enjoy shooting this gun now. After 150 rounds my hands don't hurt and it's much more accurate its unbelievable. I did have issues with the slid not locking back after the last but I was using tulama so might be why?? but no fte or ftf. I,m still very confident in this being my carry gun

·
Registered
230 Posts
Using the slide stop lever as a thumb rest is probably the most common reason the slide doesn't lock back on an empty mag.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I first got my M9 (first gun I ever owned) that happened to me all the time. I thought there was something wrong with the gun. I even had a gunsmith look at it but he had no issues. I then went back to the range and noticed my thumb was on the slide release...lol. Once in a blue moon with my XDs, it happens just because I have big hands for a small gun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Using the slide stop lever as a thumb rest is probably the most common reason the slide doesn't lock back on an empty mag.
That was my issue the first time at the range. Adjusting the thumb position slightly cures it :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
The slide failing to lock back on an empty mag can also be due to a weak/dirty mag spring.

That happened to me towards the end of a 200 round shooting day at the range. Thoroughly cleaned my mags and it hasn't happened in 200 rounds since. I'm a lefty so it wasn't a thumb issue for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts