Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today with 2 of my brand new pistols, the Glock 17c and my carry gun the XD45c. Both pistols shot very well but there are definitely some differences between the 2.

This was the first time that I actually got to test out a Glock. I have shot one in the past but it wasn't many rounds so I wasn't able to get a good feel for it. My initial impression is that the Glock is very like, so much so that it feels like a toy when you pick it up with an empty mag. When there is a loaded mag the weight evens out and has a good balance to it. It took me a while to get a feel for how the Glock shoots. My first 2 magazines through the pistol were all over the place, but after slowing down and concentrating on my shots I was able to accurately hit my target. Being a 9mm and having a ported barrel it was very easy to control the muzzle flip and get back on target for follow on shots. The last thing I noticed about the Glock is that the trigger is very different from the XD. To me it seems like it has less trigger pull and the reset is very short which allows for quicker follow on shots.

The XD had been sitting in it's case in a closet for the past month so it was nice to finally get out and shoot it. It performed flawlessly just as you would expect it to. We've all shot the XD so there's no need to really go into specifics about the weapon, but the one thing that I did notice was that I was a lot more accurate with it then when I had my XD40. I'm glad I sold my .40 for the 45c. I just need to work on controlling the recoil a little more, but other than that the XD is great.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
heck yeah!
one's a ported 9 and one's a point45!

i know what you mean, though.
i went from a g17(in the safe)and xds in the cars, range bag and office to just as many gs as xd/xdms!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts