Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I received my EMP 9mm back from SACS. After suggestions from some of you I sent it back for FTF and FTE. The invoice stated they polished the feed ramp and tuned the extractor. It was gone for just under two weeks. While it was away I got the urge to pick up a full size 1911. I picked up a RIA Match for $580 out the door.

Today I fired I 250 rounds of Winchester 115 gr FMJ with absolutely no issues. Next up I tested 25 rounds of Hornady TAP-FPD 124 gr with no issues. Then I tested 25 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 gr with no issues. So all said and done 300 rounds trouble free. I couldn't be happier as this will be my primary carry gun after a few more trips to the range to prove itself and once my crossbreed holster comes in.

I also fired 250 rounds of Magtech ball ammunition through the RIA match and it performed great. So far it has about 700 rounds through it with a flawless record. It is the most accurate hand gun I own and also the most enjoyable to shoot. The EMP is fun to shoot also but just not as accurate past 10 yards which is to be expected with the shorter barrel.

I grew up learning to use CLP from my father who is retired Army and I've been using it myself for the last 17 years while serving in the Army. I swore by it and it did a pretty good job if used properly with a few exceptions. In the desert we use Miltec because CLP attracts sand like crazy. While in Alaska we also used Miltec because CLP freezes and would actually freeze the bolt in place on a M4.

Over the last three weeks I have been using Frog lube and I'll never go back to regular CLP. It lubricates tremendously with a light film and lasts much longer. Last night before I went to the range I did a light lube of both guns and didn't put anymore on while at the range and I had no issues. IMO the biggest advantage is how much easier the guns were to clean today. 95% of the carbon and grime wiped off with no scrubbing at all. For the carbon that wouldn't come off I put some Frog lube on it and let it set for about 10 minutes then lightly scrubbed with a standard green Army brush from my cleaning kit. It all came off very easily and probably cut my cleaning time in half. I'll be testing it on my M4 as well to see how it performs.

Sorry for rambling but if you couldn't tell I had a good time at the range today.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've never heard of frog lube. Who makes it and where can I find it?
Thanks for the great review.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of frog lube. Who makes it and where can I find it?
Thanks for the great review.
It's a little on the pricey side if you by the kit which comes with 4 oz of liquid, 4 oz of paste, microfiber towel and a applicator brush. I only bought the 4 oz of liquid.

Here is their site but they don't sell it there. They have a list of dealers or you can buy it on amazon.

http://www.froglube.com/

·
Registered
24 Posts
We are the distributors for FrogLube, it can be purchased through us at www.utvtactical.com.

We have been involved with FrogLube since last July and have a lot of rounds down range since then...all through guns that are cleaned and lubricated without toxins and oils. We work directly with Captain Larry Laskey(ret), the owner of FrogLube.

We shoot pistol, including an XDm 9 that has never had oil in it, ARs and shotgun. I have been shooting and reloading since the mid 1970s. I was an A/AA skeet shooter and last Saturday, I won the trap event at the Hollywood Sporting Clays Shoot benefiting disabled veterans.

I always hated cleaning my guns but loved having them clean. It is had to get excited about gun cleaning, but my passion is now a gun cleaning product.

I want to encourage members of this forum to question me about FrogLube. I also encourage you to go to youtube and see what others have done with it. The soldier who cleans his gun for the first time in a year(2500 rounds) with 2 paper towels...in Iraq! is my personal favorite.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Do we have more members with experience with this stuff?
Checking it out, thanks for the link. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put another 200 rounds through the RIA Match today and 200 rounds through the EMP with no issues. It was a good day at the range and the RIA Match has quickly become my favorite handgun to shoot. The EMP has gained my trust and I'll begin carrying it as my primary carry weapon once my crossbreed holster comes in. Here's a pic of them all cleaned up.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have my 2 sigs baking in the sun right now covered in some frog lube. I have not had time to get the xmd 40 done yet I am awaiting to see how the sigs come out since there is more metal on metal with the slides it should give me a good idea of how its gonna work

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
We are the distributors for FrogLube, it can be purchased through us at www.utvtactical.com.

We have been involved with FrogLube since last July and have a lot of rounds down range since then...all through guns that are cleaned and lubricated without toxins and oils. We work directly with Captain Larry Laskey(ret), the owner of FrogLube.

I want to encourage members of this forum to question me about FrogLube. I also encourage you to go to youtube and see what others have done with it. The soldier who cleans his gun for the first time in a year(2500 rounds) with 2 paper towels...in Iraq! is my personal favorite.
I just do not see most of us not cleaning our weapons for much leanth of time.

So what makes this product superior over Slide Glide or Militec-1 ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would be interested in seeing more reviews about this product and how it compares to the proven products on the market.

·
Registered
24 Posts
American Handgunner tested six CLPs in their June/July issue and rated FrogLube number one.

FrogLube's advantage over other CLPs is that it is 100% biodegradable, non-toxic and nothing sticks to it. You can clean your guns in the house without gloves, masks and ventilation.

Once your gun is 'treated' with FrogLube, you will find it easier to clean. Carbon will just wipe off, and the lubrication value stays constant as you shoot the weapon. Unlike oil, that dissipates and requires you to scrub your gun clean. You may also decide not to clean your gun at all until shooting hundreds or thousands of rounds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts