Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another trip to the range and so far around 1000 rounds with not one problem. Did some close up shooting and came to the conclusion that my sights are definately off. If I shoot POA all the shots are low. With my sights lined up on bullseye at 5 yrds I'm hitting about 2 inches low. If I put my front site a little above the rear I can hit dead on. Any remedy to this besides new sights? I planned on getting some truglo TFO's soon so hopefully that will solve the problem. At 15 yrds this really affects my groupings having to overcompensate for the sights.

·
Registered
889 Posts
About the only thing you could do without changing the sights would be to file down the front sight like the cowboys did :shock: . I think I would change sights, and I did on two of my XDs, Dawson adjustable fiber opitics on one, and Dawson adjustable night sights on the other, and at made a big diffrence in the accuracy :D .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Make sure it is not any kind of anticipation or trigger control problem. When I first started shooting my XD's I thought they both shot low, but me being used to a light 1911 trigger was causing me to "pull down" when getting used to the long draw of the XD's trigger. Dry fire practice helped me seperate my trigger finger from the rest of my hand and now I hit all X and 9 ring with an NRA rapind fire pistol target at a distance of 21 feet(7 yard).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts