Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I already know there are some people who don't like Piazza, NOTED.

However, in case anyone is planning on or considering taking a course, here is my take on it so far.

Day 1: slowwww. Begin at the VERY basics of handgun use and handling. Couple classes on morals and ethics. Shoot about a total of 100 rounds.
Great for brand new shooters, good for experienced shooters. All in all good day.

Day 2: more shooty and less talkie! Big thumbs up there. Shoot about 200 rounds. Shoot "people" targets and not just sillohettes. Pace quickens quite abit. IMO day 2 was a lot of fun and enjoyable.

I have been shooting my whole life and I have prior military training and by day 2 my speed ANDDDDDD my accuracy has greatly improved. And we still have 2 days to go. :D so far I give it two big thumbs up! Ill update as the course goes on.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the report, keep em' coming. I'm headed there early next year.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem! This is the down & dirty quick run down because I'm on my phone & and a computer, ill give a more in depth report when I get home. BTW, YES I am wearing my xdtalk shirt proudly! Hint hint admin.... ;)

·
Premium Member
21,762 Posts
You do this training in AZ?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
No problem! This is the down & dirty quick run down because I'm on my phone & and a computer, ill give a more in depth report when I get home. BTW, YES I am wearing my xdtalk shirt proudly! Hint hint admin.... ;)
I noticed the shirt last night and wondered why you wearing my shirt!!!

Have a good time today!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I'm sure it'll be a blast!

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Is camo required?? :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Where do we get an XDTalk shirt??? I want one for my next USPSA match!

·
Registered
7,687 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
glad you're having a good time! His emails always come off so...used car salesman-ish.

Everyone I know who has attended a training at Front sight has been equally impressed.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
How heavy is the sales pitch? I've heard in the past that they pushed that gun community project really hard.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They tell you about the condo thing but its pretty brief and honestly the only reason I remember them saying it was because of the price of the plots. It is awesomeeeeee training, but it leaves you with a deep desire to take more advanced classes! :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
xdmp22 said:
Back when Mark owned the Forum, you got them as part of the membership fee.....now we get stickers......
Huh????????!!!!!!! I just renewed my membership and it asked me for shirt size, so nnow I'm not getting my shirt???????

1 - 20 of 25 Posts