Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much waiting as my XD40 in Bi-tone was back ordered forever and I then decided I was tired of waiting so I bought a used one then had my 7 day wait, then family stuff finally got to the range tonight. Shot 100 rds WWB 165 and 50 Rds WWB 180. As this is my first handgun ever I can’t say its the best thing since sliced bread, but I was very happy I shot at 25ft, and hit 8 out of 10 shots in the center ring. Did not have one problem out of the XD, and really liked the feel of it. Really felt the kick of the 40 cal, thinking in retrospect should have went 9mm cheaper to feed and less kick but that may go away once I pick up a dons rod and spring, and have a few more rounds threw her to get used to it. One thing I know for sure people really are not joking when they say stock up on ammo, I went 150 rds and it had not even been an hour. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this site I have learned a great deal in a short period of time that has made me very confident in the XD and anything I may come up against.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Keep in mind you can always purchase conversion barrels for your new baby. I'm aiming at buying a new XD40 Service next week and would like to pick up both .357Sig and 9mm conversion barrels within a couple of months. If only they weren't so bloody expensive...

Does anyone know if a .45GAP conversion barrel is in the works, or is it impossible to feed a .45GAP through a .40S&W frame?

-James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts