Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
armatron said:
first time at the range...

Am I supposed to pick up my own shells?
Depends on the range rules. Most of the time, no, you don't have to. I, however, pick up my shells, and most times, lots of other peoples shells. I'll grab what I have a gun for, or that I may have a gun for in the future, and just bag the brass up and hang on to it. At the absolute least it's worth whatever bulk brass is worth. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
I pick up my brass at the club I belong to, because I reload, and so the place dosen't end up looking like a dump, but at some ranges any brass that hits the ground belongs to the range, but if they don't want it pick it up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok they have 5 gallon buckets full of shells... I'm just not sure if I'm supposed to pick them up or they sweep them up or what.... i picked them up today though

·
Registered
130 Posts
Like most said, it depends on the range. One range resales the brass, so picking it up and taking it with you is a no. BUT, on the other hand it doesn't matter if they keep the brass or not, just pick up what you have shot, straighten up your lane and leave it as you would want to find it when it is your turn to use the lane. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
The indoor range that I frequent provides five gallon buckets with the expectation that shooters pick up their brass (behind the firing line) and deposit it in the buckets. Shooters are allowed to take brass with them, limited to the amount that they brought into the range.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
The indoor range I go to has no rules posted about picking up your brass. I guess it is at your option. Usually one of the gunshop guys comes around to sweep up the floor anyways. I find it a chore to try to pick up brass fired from your pistol, it gets mixed up with everyone elses and it just isn't worth it to me. Trying to scavenge up brass while others are shooting and walking around isn't my idea of a good time. It's also like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. There are .44, .45, .357, .38, .40, 9mm, .380, .32, .22, ....brass, steel, nickel cases every where. What a mess. :x I also have seen tired reloads with split case necks, bent case heads and other signs of over use. Reloading used cases from someone elses gun may cause feeding problems if improperly resized and I've experienced a case head separation using gunshow .223 reloads.
When I go to a indoor range, I shoot mostly Wolf ammo anyways and if I shoot brass, I just consider it a donation to the range and leave it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts