Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last night I went to local range, was shooting 9mm after 50 rounds, I field stripped pistol to apply FrogLube (best applied to a hot barrel) when I went to remove recoil spring, the whole spring assembly came apart and the spring hit me square in the right eye....Thank god I had my safety glasses on......the range was slow at that time only 2 shooters were there....I unpacked my 44 Mag just as a group of new shooters came in from a CCW class, a boy friend/girl friend couple was next to me, after 2 rounds with the hand cannon the rather attractive girl said to me "You have a"BIG GUN". The boy friend just looked at me and laughed....the girl realizing what she said turned a nice shade of red and started laughing.....than i started laughing, she asked me if I use the 44 for home protection, I couldn't help myself and told her "no I just use it to impress the ladies".... ... :p asked the if they wanted to shoot the revolver, they both did we all had a laugh and had an enjoyable time at the range.....Overall a very good night....Now I need to buy a new recoil assembly :evil:.... Enjoy....

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Was the 9mm an XD? If yes call springfield they'll replace the recoil assembly for free.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Pictures of her fondling your big gun?

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
:shock:.....nevermind. This is a family forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As the distributor for FrogLube, I was concerned that the accident was because of FrogLube when I started to read your post. Good thing you were wearing glasses.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hmmm, he never replied back, did he? Makes one wonder...

Hope I didn't miss a followup thread.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hah, I had a similar circumstance. I asked the pawn shop guy if I could field strip an XDm I was looking at, and when I disassembled it, the guide rod and spring flew out and knocked the glasses right off the pawn shop guys face.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts