Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range yesterday. Took a good friend of mine who has never fired a gun before. She wanted to learn how to shoot.

After 150+ rounds between us to familiarize her with how to handle and shoot. I gave her a 50 round center mass test. She got 36 out of 50. 72% isn't bad for someone who's never shot before. And she got 46 out of 50 actually on the BG (but not center mass). Biggest problem she had was anticipating. This was blatently obvious after she had shot her 10 rnd mag and tried to pull the trigger after the slide had locked back. I identified it and she worked on it. Still anticipating, but getting better. This was with an XD9sc.

She's so proud of herself, she wants to bring her friend so I can teach her too... Hmmm... the gears are turning....

On another note, I saw 4 other people there shooting various XDs (out of 12 people shooting handguns on the range). It's good to see we're filling up the ranges. Hey, I saw more XDs than Glocks.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Great Day! :lol:
Teach them to be safe.
Always

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fam Money said:
Where's that "This thread is worthless without pics" smiley at when I need it. :twisted:
When I get them both to go with me, then I'll get some pics... SHe was a little gun shy for pics... sorry, couldn't resist...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HighVelocity said:
Much like the girls... they're coming, they're coming... lol... Sorry, I mean no offense to anyone...

It's hard... to schedule time to get 2 girls down to the range when all three of us work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
IS300_TRD said:
I took my friend (girl) to the range today to break in the gun. It was her first time and she loved it.
Took my girlfriend to the range Friday. It was her first time shooting.
It was my first time shooting the XD40. I wasn't very impressed with the first target but part of that was me (new gun) and part was the clean barrel.
Once the bore fouled, it did much better.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was down there a few weeks ago and met someone using an XD 40 Service. We chatted for a few as I was on my way out.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Congrats on getting someone interested in shooting out to the range!!

This is something we all need to do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts