Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my rifle out today to make sure that my zero was still in tact since the rifle was away from me for about a month.

Rifle specs
26" Shilen SS 1:10 twist barrel .308 caliber
CDI mag system
B&C Medalist stock that was inletted for CDI system
T&T done by Kevin Rayhill
SKD stock pack with rear bag
TIS sling
AI 5rd mag
Vortex Viper 6.5-20X dot reticle

Load
Hornady 178gr Amax bullet
FGMM primer
Winchester case
44grs of Varget
MV 2,600fps

I only have 65rds down this barrel and I have been very impressed with the Shilen thus far. The club I was at today is always windy....13mph winds and the temp was 74 degrees. The target was from 100 yards and that is a 5 round group.

Gotta love a target that is one hole and is covered by a dime.

Only changes I am going to make in the rifle is I am going to refinish the SS with a thermal cured finish.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Nice looking.....that's really sweet looking! Can you post another photo of the stock....closer up?

I picked up a Savage earlier this year. Put a Bushnell Elite 4200 on it and dialed in a bit of weight to the trigger pull. The factory setting was just a little too light for my tastes.

My second trip to the range with a batch of my reloads.....found one loading that warrants a little more experimentation when I get the time. I was pushing 168 gr SMKs.

Here is that 5 shot group @ 100 yds. A dime covers it too. Not as small a group as yours....but I'm OK with that for now given it is still stock. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't owned a Savage that wouldn't shoot well...even with factory barrels. I like that you can do most of the work yourself...saves time and money.

I don't have any other pictures of the stock...I deleted them...if I get time, I'll take some pictures.

Been busy loading for my 338LM.

·
Super Moderator
46,392 Posts
Excellent shooting!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's just a B&C Medalist stock in tan with black webbing. I had it inletted for the CDI mag system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts