Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have SA range bag or bags? I want to see better pictures of the xdm bags. Also what items do you pack besides safety, extra mags, ammo, o and the gun(s)?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
No, but I have the MidwayUSA bag. awesome bag for the money.

I pack ammo, eyes, ears, shooting rests, targets, pens, my shooting journal for reloads and notes, extra mags, usually a small hex key and screwdriver set, water/snacks for extended sessions, rags and oil.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Torked that bag looks huge does it have wheels and handle.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I dont have an SA Range Bag, I used to use a regular Swiss backpack from Target.

I just bought this range backpack and freaking LOVE IT!
Someone here turned me on to it, I think Mikey or Iron Mike (not sure which)

LINK

Very roomy.....

It was me, Glad you like it Torked

... It is the size of a normal backpack as it is a backpack.

Ive had mine for 6 months and its great. I also have the medium size range bag that they make!

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I dont have an SA Range Bag, I used to use a regular Swiss backpack from Target.

I just bought this range backpack and freaking LOVE IT!
Someone here turned me on to it, I think Mikey or Iron Mike (not sure which)

LINK

Very roomy.....

That is a great looking range bag. I may have to order one down the road.

I bought this bag from Midway USA last year:
MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester

It was $49.99 when I bought it, now it is only $39.99. This bag is huge! To be honest, I only use it when we are going to the range with 3-4 guns and a lot of ammo. When not in use, it is great for storing all my extra stuff in.

Torked and IronMike, thanks for sharing the backpack range bag!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
No, but I have the MidwayUSA bag. awesome bag for the money.

I pack ammo, eyes, ears, shooting rests, targets, pens, my shooting journal for reloads and notes, extra mags, usually a small hex key and screwdriver set, water/snacks for extended sessions, rags and oil.
+1 on all of this, especially the Midway bag!! It's been great for the last several years.

I also have a couple of mag loaders (uPlula etc), & some bug repellent

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Same size as a backpack (like IronMike said)

No wheels or anything like that. The cool thing is that the bag supports itself. Meaning - you can slide the guns out, and the Bag, doesn't collapse on itself. :grin:

It really isn't that big, I sit it on a chair at my indoor Range, or a table at the outside range. It's nice, because I can pack a small toolkit with it as well, instead of having to load several different bags/boxes/cases in the car to go to shooting.

I realize it may be larger than a simple handgun bag, but I like shooting multiple guns when I go. :) This cuts my load.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
+1 on all of this, especially the Midway bag!! It's been great for the last several years.

I also have a couple of mag loaders (uPlula etc), & some bug repellent
Yeah, for outdoor shooting I'll throw in a tube of sunscreen and a small thing of OFF! Forgot about that ;)

ETA: I have the biggest Pro Series Midway bag. Costs a little more normally because of a couple extras, BUT right now it's $35.57. I'm considering buying another one just for the hell of it, I need a better bag for my chrono gear.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/948617/midwayusa-pro-series-range-bag-pvc-coated-polyester-black

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys thanks for the info keep them coming.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is a great looking range bag. I may have to order one down the road.

I bought this bag from Midway USA last year:
MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester

It was $49.99 when I bought it, now it is only $39.99. This bag is huge! To be honest, I only use it when we are going to the range with 3-4 guns and a lot of ammo. When not in use, it is great for storing all my extra stuff in.

Torked and IronMike, thanks for sharing the backpack range bag!
+1.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Some nice bags

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Another vote for the Midway bag. I've had mine for almost 5 years now I think and it's holding up great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the idea of off and Sun screen in range bag. But we also picked up a tarp for help us find spent casings. Should be easier then looking in grass. Also thinking of picking up a canopy for cover protection for shade.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
That back pack is pretty flippin sweet.

Midway bags are nice too.

I need to finally break down and get a good bag instead of using my messenger bag that was used for a lap top mostly.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
That back pack is pretty flippin sweet.

Midway bags are nice too.

I need to finally break down and get a good bag instead of using my messenger bag that was used for a lap top mostly.

G.P.S. gun bags are great... I use the backpack and medium range bag from them. I know the range bag can handle over 50 lbs of ammo in it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a ton on ammo ok only 50 lbs but still a lot.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
My LAPG bag is tough and useful. Holds a lot for its size. I have the small one. The larger size might work for some of you with a bunch of ammo & equipment. Reasonably priced-- especially on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've looked at and researched many range bags and the only conclusion I've come up with is they're nice, but too expensive for what you get. Construction and material quality varies greatly as well.

A few years ago the wife came home from a shopping trip and said Look at what I got for $2.58 at Sears. It was a large Craftsman tool bag that was pretty rugged in construction and the handles can hold at least the 70 pounds of stuff I put in it. I've been using it for my range bag for three years now with no signs of any wear yet. It has 3 heavy-duty pockets on the outside which are the perfect size for two 12 round mags. each, with each pocket having a net-type material pocket on it which are a perfect fit for my Ruger mags. Inside is enough room for 2 or 3 handguns, muffs, glasses, ammo, two tool kits, targets and some other little things.

I may not look like a ninja pro at the shooting range when I plunk down my Craftsman bag on the table, but hey, I was able to save well over a hundred bucks to buy more ammo and other more critically needed gear.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts