Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a smallish range bag/backpack that has set spaces for 2 handguns, space for 4 or so mags, eye/ear protection and able to hold up to 200 rounds of ammo.

I have found some online but can never get much of a description or good pics showing what the inside is like.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Best Range Bag Ever:

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller!

I gave away my Midway range bag when I got 2 of these for free with some 511 pants I bought.

Not to disparage the Midway bag, it's a great bag. My only dislikes were cosmetic. I didn't like the USA Midway logo on the side, nor the nylon fabric it's made out of.

The LA Police Gear bag has a hidden side pouch large enough to store my handgun in. And unless you know how to open the velcro closure, you almost can't find it. I've handed the bag to a buddy of mine to use my pistol in it, and he couldn't find it. The End pockets will hold a full size Gatorade Jug(on both sides) the long side pockets hold a 50rd box of 9/40/45 ammo. Or 2 AR Mags. The center square pocket holds my manuals and reference cards, and there are still several pockets left over for my cleaning rods/rags/oil, small hearing protection, eye drops, a couple flashlights and chem sticks, pens/pencils.

I have a second one setup as a small laptop/netbook bag. With the power supply, mouse, mouse pad, assorted memory sticks, cables, and hard drives that I carry around when I'm troubleshooting Network issues.

It's just a great bag, I should really unpack all the gear in mine and take a picture of it.

On the other hand... I did not like the Jumbo Version. I bought two of them as "work bags" to carry my IT tools around(Hard drives, screw drivers, network testing equipment...) and the bag was much sturdier, it just wasn't as easy to use. The center pocket was hard to get open, and there was just too much room inside it to keep anything organized. But I could have fit my 17" laptop in that one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best Range Bag Ever:

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller!

I gave away my Midway range bag when I got 2 of these for free with some 511 pants I bought.

Not to disparage the Midway bag, it's a great bag. My only dislikes were cosmetic. I didn't like the USA Midway logo on the side, nor the nylon fabric it's made out of.

The LA Police Gear bag has a hidden side pouch large enough to store my handgun in. And unless you know how to open the velcro closure, you almost can't find it. I've handed the bag to a buddy of mine to use my pistol in it, and he couldn't find it. The End pockets will hold a full size Gatorade Jug(on both sides) the long side pockets hold a 50rd box of 9/40/45 ammo. Or 2 AR Mags. The center square pocket holds my manuals and reference cards, and there are still several pockets left over for my cleaning rods/rags/oil, small hearing protection, eye drops, a couple flashlights and chem sticks, pens/pencils.
nice bag & great price, $19.99

·
Registered
480 Posts
I got mine from Amazon for $20. It's also available from MidwayUSA for the same price.

It has 2 side compartments with a removable padded case for pistols or revolvers. Plenty of space inside that will hold a couple of ear and eye protection, magazines and ammo. The bag is well made and the stitchings are pretty solid.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts