Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have just bought my first gun about a month ago which was a XDM .40 4.5". Basically i had a lot of questions answered by just surfing the web and some local gun shops, as well as the NRA. However, I just noticed something that might sound a little ridiculous to ask, but just in case I would like to know if everyone else has the same comparison on there XDM. Real easy questions but better safe than sorry right?

So I noticed after cleaning my gun that there is a small spring that slightly sticks out from behind the both the main and safety trigger. Infact, I wouldnt of even of noticed it if i didnt have it under direct light. I notice it is connected mostly for the safety trigger itself, but I wanted to know if that is on all the xdm hand guns or if mine needs to go back to the shop. Now I figure its not a problem, but i would like to know if anyone else can see this spring and if its meant to be exposed like that.:rolleyes:

My other question is the trigger has a hole in the center of it, so what is it there for? :confused: Again if I were to take a guess at it, its just there for looks or is there actually a purpose for the hole?

Thanks for the time and any help would be greatly appreciated for my novice bank of knowledge on my handgun :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on your first XDm...

Yes the little spring you refer to is for the trigger safety and what you are seeing is normal; no worries.

As far as the "hole" in the trigger I assume you mean when looking at it from the side and that is the alignment pin for the trigger safety.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts