Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
668 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was certainly a concern (holding zero after a few booms), but I figured for $16, I wasn't risking much. Thanks for the other mount option, though (unfortunately, from your link, ***OUT OF STOCK*** )

I'm more concerned about finding a scope with enough eye relief. The scope will have to be mounted so far forward because of the bolt.

I'm gonna take it to my smith, who owes me a favor, and get his opinion on mounting and bolt options.

·
Registered
668 Posts
They come back in stock all the time :D. People use cheap NC Star scopes with the Mosin's since they do not want to dump 300 dollars on a scope and mount for a 100 dollar rifle :confused:. I have the Darrell's mount on my M44 with a NC Star long eye relief scope on mine and love it. Going to try it out on Hog's and deer this year :twisted::twisted:.
My M44 looks exactly like the one in the pic :

·
Registered
465 Posts
I picked up a mount that installs with pins in the existing rear sight aperture. It's on e-bay. The item # is 290578365842. About $40.00 all total. I love mine. Put around 200 rounds through the rifle and it is stable, no problem holding zero. You do need to drill through the aperture and the aluminum base. Drill press is pretty much a must or a gunsmith, maybe a handy friend who has a drill press would work. Take a look at it. I like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts