Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF... how options are there! lol THe Magpuls look huge but I also do not like the ladder ones. Anyone have some decent pics of their rail covers on?

THanks UB

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
why dont you like the ladder ones? i have the surefire black ladder rails and i think they are perfect. very comfortable and not bulky at all, it just looks stock.
here are mine, i didnt get enough of them so i wasnt able to compleatly cover all the rails

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The KAC's look good. Did you get those from their website?

UB

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
The KAC's look good. Did you get those from their website?

UB
Nope.....too pricey.

I do most of my "shopping" on the ar15.com equipment exchange.
Black panels are the most common and can be found for about $10 a panel. The OD and 2 different Tans are a bit harder to find.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Magpul XT or ladders.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Hey Ryan.... Sweet lower. I just picked up that same lower. What upper do you have on it? All the guys were razzing me at the gunshop because I got a skull on my lower.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The KAC panels are the cat's meow. One of the first available and still arguably the best (but they aren't cheap). The EE on AR15.COM is probably the best place to find the KAC panels. They also turn up on GunBroker sometimes too. A lot of the time, you can find them in sets or at least multiple panels available at the same time.

Good luck...

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I put the three included ladder rail covers on the bottom rail and side rails of the Samsom Star-C free float quad rail of my Stag 2T. The ladders fit very tight and were exactly the right length to cover every slot. I left the top rail and flat top rail open, as my co-witness optic is on the way.

Question #1: What is the best way to remove the ladders without marring the plastic ladders and/or aluminum rails?

Question #2: I can see why rail covers on the bottom and sides help with fore grip and protect the rails, but why do some people put ladder rail covers on the top rail and flat top of the receiver? I generally don't see top ladder rail covers in photos of AR's used in actual combat. I am am sure someone here will find one, but you don't have to post it to prove me wrong. Wouldn't top ladder covers get in the way when attaching or repositioning an optic?

·
Registered
469 Posts
would it be wise to get rail covers for a samson c rail system?

i think the rails look good as is ;x

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The Samson Star-C quad rails do look fantastic with excellent sculpted small details. I want to keep them looking that way. I have seen a few gun shop AR's that have had rough handling when put back on the rack by customers and salesmen. Without rail covers, aluminum quad rails (bottom and side rails) get beat up very quickly, lowering value. Plus ladder covers give a good grip without sharp edges to abrade the fingers.

I did not place a ladder on the top rail. One, because I only got three ladders with the Stag 2T. And two, because I only attach things on my guns that serve a purpose. I do not see the purpose of a top ladder cover. If you have full round covers, I can see how a top cover would complete the round profile of the hand guard and can be easily ripped off if need be. Ladder covers are harder to remove.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
wild rice, to answer your question #2,

I put ladder covers (cut down) to cover the exposed rails on my upper that the optics aren't using because 1, I have extra covers and 2, mainly, when I take my optic off and go to put it back on, I don't have to think about where to put it. I know to place it directly on the rails that does not have any covers on it, instead of counting how many rails from the back or from the front to find exactly where it use to be.

I put the KAC panels on the top part of my 2 piece b/c I have nothing on there and I had an extra one. No real reason really, I just like the way it looks. :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
wild im curious to see how the stag2t looks with the rail covers

have any pics?

·
Registered
132 Posts
wild im curious to see how the stag2t looks with the rail covers

have any pics?
I'd like to see that too. Since I bought my 2T in parts, it did not come with the ladders. I actually emailed Stag to ask if they came with the upper, and they told me no :(

I like the looks of the Tango Down covers, followed by the Magpul's. Tango Down:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts