Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
IMHO it's unnecessary. If you're looking for just a light, the Streamlight TLR-1 is great, and it's what I use. If you want light and laser, the Streamlight TLR-2 gives both in 1 package, or you could opt for a TLR-1 and Crimson Trace grips. Besides, with that adapter on the pistol, it just makes it look ugly.

·
Registered
536 Posts
why not buy a multi purpose unit like the stream light?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
WOW!! What in the name of all things holy would you want to hang that fugly piece of junk on the front of your XD for?!?!? That looks like some seriously deranged airsoft hardware to me.

First, there are combo laser/light units like the Streamlight TLR-2 and the Insight units. Second, you can go Crimson Trace (grip laser) or Lasermax (guide rod laser) and still hang a light on the front of the pistol's original rail. Finally, if you need that much crap on your pistol to acquire and hit your target...YOU NEED A RIFLE (or a clue)! ;)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
IMHO it's unnecessary. If you're looking for just a light, the Streamlight TLR-1 is great, and it's what I use. If you want light and laser, the Streamlight TLR-2 gives both in 1 package, or you could opt for a TLR-1 and Crimson Trace grips. Besides, with that adapter on the pistol, it just makes it look ugly.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

+1 what he said.

·
Registered
4 Posts
no I haven't tried it but I'm interested, I'm actual looking for a quad rail system that will fit my XD 45 I have seen one on a Walther at a meet but didn't get a chance to ask who how are where he got it. any ideas??

·
Registered
948 Posts
WOW!! What in the name of all things holy would you want to hang that fugly piece of junk on the front of your XD for?!?!? That looks like some seriously deranged airsoft hardware to me.

First, there are combo laser/light units like the Streamlight TLR-2 and the Insight units. Second, you can go Crimson Trace (grip laser) or Lasermax (guide rod laser) and still hang a light on the front of the pistol's original rail. Finally, if you need that much crap on your pistol to acquire and hit your target...YOU NEED A RIFLE (or a clue)! ;)
now thats funny i don't care who you are!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Are you guys kidding? What we would be better than 3 tlr-1's wired into one remote switch on one pistol. Talk about deer in headlights.

(end sarcasm)

·
Registered
399 Posts
So you can use the units interchangeably on other weapons without having to keep it all on one gun....
Stupid logic...not sure if it's because you are a newbie on the forum or a newbie with weapons in general.

You can remove the light/laser pretty quickly on the Insight lights and on the TLR series.

If someone did buy that mount it could only be used for HD since others have already stated...you would never find a holster to accomodate that set up.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Stupid logic...not sure if it's because you are a newbie on the forum or a newbie with weapons in general.

You can remove the light/laser pretty quickly on the Insight lights and on the TLR series.

If someone did buy that mount it could only be used for HD since others have already stated...you would never find a holster to accomodate that set up.
Just new to the forum.... I don't see how wanting to move your laser and your light around individually, have the capability to mount them together on the same weapon or independently on separate weapons is stupid. I would love to have you explain it to me though.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I could see ONE use for it!

Someone on here once posted how they would like to have three lasers to light someone up with a triangular system like the Predator movie. :lol:

I think that would fill the bill! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts