Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you a lot. Mostly, to forget nearly all of what you "know" about sport hunting, because it doesn't apply to survival gathering. In fact, much of it actually hinders you. :)

If you spend all day (every day) and 12 shotshells getting a dozen squirrels, you'll starve to death, and you'll have to move a lot, because no area has that much small game You have to use nets and trotlines, trap turtles, crustaceans, eat insects, and reptiles, gig/shoot frogs, and still get about half of your calories from Plants. As Cody Lundin says, plants dont run very fast.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ragnar points out the advisability of leaving traps mostly unset, but in place, during spring, summer, and early fall, and baiting those areas, so that animals learn to check the sets often, expecting to find food there and learning to ignore your scent.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps you need to train under the member (here at xd) who "never missed in combat"? :) which means he's seen little or no combat. I"ve pointed a pistol at men 5x, and they all froze in their tracks. Any experienced cop will tell you the same. Its quite rare for somebody to risk being shot, if you give them a means of escape, they take it. Cops are paid/expected to pursue/trap punks. If YOU (civilian) do so, the punk can quite possibly legally kill you, cause you will then be considered to be "pursuing with deadly intent".

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
What the heck are you talking about? Your posts are incoherent, rambling trainwrecks of bi-polar nonsense...:shock:

we don't charge by the word, take a breath and structure things so they're easily followed and digested! provide outside links! act like you give a darn!

furthermore, your third posting (totally unnecessary to break everything into 3 posts btw) has NOTHING to do with the other two!

If you are trying to be intentionally difficult, you are succeeding admirably; If you aren't, please take these suggestions to heart...

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
What the heck are you talking about? Your posts are incoherent, rambling trainwrecks of bi-polar nonsense...:shock:

we don't charge by the word, take a breath and structure things so they're easily followed and digested! provide outside links! act like you give a darn!

furthermore, your third posting (totally unnecessary to break everything into 3 posts btw) has NOTHING to do with the other two!

If you are trying to be intentionally difficult, you are succeeding admirably; If you aren't, please take these suggestions to heart...
Or to another forum, Please.

Trolls are not treated kindly around here

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the guy I'm talking about will know what I meant. If you can't follow the rest of my posts, it's your loss, not mine. God forbid you actually learn something, right? I mean, surely you don't know much, cause you wouldn't deny other members here benefit of your wisdom, correct? You're not just too lazy to post it, surely? Almost any book can be had for free, thru your interlibrary book loan, or for almost nothing, as an E book. After you've read Ragnar and Olsen's books, you'll know enough to comment (maybe).

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
the guy I'm talking about will know what I meant. If you can't follow the rest of my posts, it's your loss, not mine. God forbid you actually learn something, right? I mean, surely you don't know much, cause you wouldn't deny other members here benefit of your wisdom, correct? You're not just too lazy to post it, surely? Almost any book can be had for free, thru your interlibrary book loan, or for almost nothing, as an E book. After you've read Ragnar and Olsen's books, you'll know enough to comment (maybe).
Based on the posts of yours I have seen, there is not much to miss, or learn, IMHO

The time has come to stop feeding the newby troll

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
If you can't follow the rest of my posts, it's your loss, not mine. God forbid you actually learn something, right? I mean, surely you don't know much, cause you wouldn't deny other members here benefit of your wisdom, correct?
I actually found this post below you made earlier pretty funny. Mostly because I think you believe what you wrote.

There's plenty of smaller cities/towns to live in, where woods/water are only a night's hike away. If you know much of anything, there can be 1000 people in the same square mile with you and they'd never notice you.
I admit that I may not know a whole lot, but I am pretty sure I'd notice 1000 people in the same square mile as me. Especially in a bug out location.

Matter of fact, if that happened to a place where I'd considered "bugging out", I'd be down right pissed to find a thousand other people there and would be very upset with myself for not choosing a location more wisely.

And I'm sure if there were only 1000 people in a square mile, the people who have lived there for probably most of theirs lives would be really quick to notice someone they'd never seen before wondering around lost.

Your basic logic on the subject is severely flawed.

I also wouldn't have to walk a nights hike away to find a place that was devoid of human population. And especially not having to hike for hours at night to do it.

I must tell you, your post got a real chuckle out of me.

If you were to hike all night in my region, chances are better than not, your bones would never be found.

I'm really not being condescending, but you'll be much better off to stay where you're at now if the SHTF than to go bugging out to parts unknown.

You're a prime candidate of being "one of those" statistics.

·
Registered
750 Posts
this thread ought to be good... its already a mess

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I actually found this post below you made earlier pretty funny. Mostly because I think you believe what you wrote.

I admit that I may not know a whole lot, but I am pretty sure I'd notice 1000 people in the same square mile as me. Especially in a bug out location.

Matter of fact, if that happened to a place where I'd considered "bugging out", I'd be down right pissed to find a thousand other people there and would be very upset with myself for not choosing a location more wisely.

And I'm sure if there were only 1000 people in a square mile, the people who have lived there for probably most of theirs lives would be really quick to notice someone they'd never seen before wondering around lost.

Your basic logic on the subject is severely flawed.

I also wouldn't have to walk a nights hike away to find a place that was devoid of human population. And especially not having to hike for hours at night to do it.

I must tell you, your post got a real chuckle out of me.

If you were to hike all night in my region, chances are better than not, your bones would never be found.

I'm really not being condescending, but you'll be much better off to stay where you're at now if the SHTF than to go bugging out to parts unknown.

You're a prime candidate of being "one of those" statistics.

This...

·
Registered
14,385 Posts

·
Registered
8,278 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
there it is...Thread Complete...
Yeah this thread is done for. I'm waiting for another thread of his to pop up talking gibberish about even more BOB sh%&.

Or going head first into a different thread going on about things that pertain nothing to the original subject.

I have a itchy "Report" finger on standby.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Yeah this thread is done for. I'm waiting for another thread of his to pop up talking gibberish about even more BOB sh%&.

Or going head first into a different thread going on about things that pertain nothing to the original subject.

Ditto

·
Registered
777 Posts
don't you guys remember from yesterday's lesson? we need 4,000 calories/day....:rolleyes:

the herp/derp is heavy with this fellow - with all due respect and stuff.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
don't you guys remember from yesterday's lesson? we need 4,000 calories/day....:rolleyes:

the herp/derp is heavy with this fellow - with all due respect and stuff.
agreed

Attachments

·
Registered
14,385 Posts

Oh well if you want to read the height of ignorant, no stupid because ignorant means not aware of the facts whereas stupid is not fixable, go to the "What makes the 1911 so great/popular?" thread at What makes the 1911 so great/popular? - Page 10 - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! and look at post #90! Incomprehensible stupidity on the level of Bidden! I don't need to add anything other than that!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts