Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much set on getting one, but just wondering if anything to say about them. I've only seen them mentioned on the board a few times, but always heard good things.

I plan on getting the black leather belt in 1 1/4". I keep hearing that 1 1/2" is better, but how much better is it? I'm not sure a 1 1/2" belt would fit in all of my pants and the XD isn't exactly a heavyweight gun.

Plan on ordering in the next couple days unless somebody says something here to change my mind. Will also order a comptac c-tac holster if I don't win r/t's drawing. :)

Thanks. jonas

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Great belt. Probably one of the best deals going in belts right now. I'd measure all the loops on your pants just to make sure it won't fit. If you can possibly go 1.5" I would. I have the 1.25" and I'm happy with it but in retrospect I probably should have gone with the 1.5". I like that the holes are closer together than most belts, which allows for finer adjustment in waist size. It's very good quality.

brad cook

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I have one also, you will be surprised in the difference in what a real gunbelt is compared to what you have been using.
Mine is 1.5" and it works in all my jeans and everything except really dress pants. If you're going with black, spend a few extra bucks if possible for their sharkskin, it is beautiful and almost indestructible.

Good choice.

bd

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bd said:
If you're going with black, spend a few extra bucks if possible for their sharkskin, it is beautiful and almost indestructible.
From the pictures on their site, I kinda prefer the black cowhide to the sharkskin, but thats appearance only. My favorite on their is the elephant, but that is out of my price range.

Thanks for the help, I'll look to see if I can get a 1.5" belt through all of my jeans or not. The jeans that it might not fit through are the ones that I wouldn't mind replacing anyway though, so it wouldnt be a great loss.

Thanks. jonas

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have four RafterS belts. Two 1.25" and two 1.5" (in width). One in black sharkskin, three in Cordovan Cowhide. I don't recommend the 1.25" width for gun carry at all. I only use the 1.25" belts for dress at work and never use them for gun carry. It would work but the 1.5" is much more suitable and looks better with all casual situations. The 1.5" belts fit all jeans and pants that I have although some jean loops are tight. I also don't reccomend the shark skin unless you really want it. I just prefer the look and feel of the cowhide for every purpose. Get the 1.5" black cowhide.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The stitching is very good on mine, double-stitched and better than the beltguy/gunner's alley belts IMO. It might just be a wonky picture or something.

brad cook

·
Registered
285 Posts
+1 on the Rafter S 1.5" belt. Just make sure you measure the length per their instructions and then add 1" if you plan on an IWB holster.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've purchased four Rafters sharkskin gunbelts. Two were gifts for my sons, the other two were for me. The 1.25 width is for dress pants and the 1.5 is for jeans. The 1.5 is noticeably better for gun carry. The stitching is first rate on all four belts and is recessed to prevent wear and fraying. The buckle and screws are also top notch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts