Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before popping this thing on my 7" pistol, it was a fire breathing dragon. I was working on some "draw-fire" AR/pistol shooting today and noticed that since putting it on zero muzzle blast.

Enjoy.

*EDIT*
Before this video turns into an insult throwing ****-fest like it did over at the AR forums...I'll just address the following before any snarky comments are possibly made here:

-yes, I am shooting from 7yds
-yes, I am doing this for a reason
-yes, my grouping is more than 1" M-F'ing inch and according to some, total garbage
-yes, according to many this is a hack video by a hack shooter
-yes, my sole reason for posting this was the show the complete lack of fireball thanks to the vortex

Reactions: ironmike1378

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would have liked to see an example of the AR pistol before the Vortex, but yeah, I see nothing, thanks for the vid. How's that affect the recoil on the firearm?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Before popping this thing on my 7" pistol, it was a fire breathing dragon. I was working on some "draw-fire" AR/pistol shooting today and noticed that since putting it on zero muzzle blast.

Enjoy.

*EDIT*
Before this video turns into an insult throwing ****-fest like it did over at the AR forums...I'll just address the following before any snarky comments are possibly made here:

-yes, I am shooting from 7yds
-yes, I am doing this for a reason
-yes, my grouping is more than 1" M-F'ing inch and according to some, total garbage
-yes, according to many this is a hack video by a hack shooter
-yes, my sole reason for posting this was the show the complete lack of fireball thanks to the vortex
What a hack!.... J/k

Looks like no really muzzle blast at all...

And who cares what the Ahols at ar15 say, Most are Douche nozzles

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I'm no expert and I don't play one on TV.
But , Everyone on the internet can out shoot anyone in a video :lol:

·
Administrator
22,356 Posts
I counted 2 and 2. So why 5 holes? Did you curve the bullet!!!:shock:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a hack!.... J/k

Looks like no really muzzle blast at all...

And who cares what the Ahols at ar15 say, Most are Douche nozzles
I'm not super shooter...that's for sure...but an IPSC "A" is an IPSC "A"...there's no A+ or A- LOL.

Top speed, reactive shooters don't group anyway. Does anyone question Jerry Miculek's groupings when he's dumping 16 hsots out of a revolver in under 6 seconds?

I would have liked to see an example of the AR pistol before the Vortex, but yeah, I see nothing, thanks for the vid. How's that affect the recoil on the firearm?
Personally...I think the pistol is a pussycat, it is easily managed int he recoil dept. Before I popped it on there...BIG fireball.

I counted 2 and 2. So why 5 holes? Did you curve the bullet!!!:shock:
There's only 2 holes in each target...I think you may be seeing the cover up stickers. I'd run a set, cover the holes with brown stickers, and shoot again. If you watch the video in higher resolution you may see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Snark Snark.

·
Administrator
22,356 Posts
There's only 2 holes in each target...I think you may be seeing the cover up stickers. I'd run a set, cover the holes with brown stickers, and shoot again. If you watch the video in higher resolution you may see what I'm talking about.

After watching it on full screen the tape that peeled up I took as a bullet. Carry on.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After watching it on full screen the tape that peeled up I took as a bullet. Carry on.
Those stickers are handy...its easier to keep track of your shots without having to mark or replace the target...

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I own a Smith Vortex / Gemtech flash hider and absolutely love it! the flash signature is reduced to pretty much nothing (with the exception of the first shot fired...)
The only thing I don't care for is the ringing that you hear after each shot....It could have been designed where the vibrations from the flash hider help eliminate the flash signature....all I know is it is annoying, LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts